Shadows: Part One | Teen Ink

Shadows: Part One

By xxMedievalShadexx GOLD, Deerfield Beach, Florida
xxMedievalShadexx GOLD, Deerfield Beach, Florida

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. -Bruce Lee

“I’m going to tell you my life story. It’s crazy. I don’t think you can handle it but maybe you can. I’m not normal, and by that I mean I’m not human. I bet you’re looking at this and saying ‘wow she’s crazy.’ Well, it’s true. I’m considered a hybrid. A mix of breeds. Want to know what else is in my DNA? Wolf. I got mixed with a damn wolf. It’s fine by me. It’s pretty cool what I can do. Oh, but I’m not alone. There are my 3 best friends. Austin, Jake, and Michael (but I call him Mikey). They are the same as me. Hybrids. But there is a plus side. No one knows about us except the people who created us, and the Military. Speaking of which, the General is calling me. ‘Hello? Uh huh. Yes. Yes, sir. Ugh, really? Now? But I’m talking to people. But…fine.’

Ahem, sorry about that. The General wants me to tell you about our life and where I’m at now. Well, where do I begin?

When I was 3 years old, that’s when I was back with my family. I remember them telling me who I was. I was my mothers egg and a wolfs’…ewwie stuff. I was born out of a tube so nothing…nasty…happened. My parents raised me right. I have my manners, I know right from wrong, I get good grades in school. Actually I get excellent grades. But the Military truly trained me. After school I would get driven down to a small warehouse near the west-end of our tiny town. The Military would help train me and control myself. Oh wait, I never told you what I can do.

Being part dog, I have heightened senses. I can hear someone clearly from miles away. I can hear someone’s heartbeat, their breathing, and their movements. I can see miles away. I can look at someone’s shirt and see every single strand of fabric from yards away. I can smell toxins and sweat from miles away. I can run faster than you can blink. I can jump higher than you can climb. I’m stronger than the Hulk himself.

They trained me so I could be in control of my abilities. Oh and the best part? I can physically change into a wolf. I’m a pitch-black wolf. Sharp, long, pointy teeth. Gold piercing eyes. I’m bigger than your average wolf and a lot tougher looking. I’m pretty scary, right? Well when I’m human I look weak and vulnerable. Ha, just kidding. Oh, you want to know what I look like? Um, all right. Hmm, this is difficult. Well as human I have straight jet-black hair. It goes about to my mid-back. I’m part of the ‘emo’ world so I have my hair in that style. My hair has blue streaks in it (I like to dye my hair). I have a typical face, slight freckles, and hazel eyes. I’ve been told I have nice lip structure. Don’t ask. My skin is very tan because pale people get jealous that I don’t burn when out in the sun. Um, I wear a little bit of make-up, which consists of black eyeliner and mascara. That’s it. I don’t have much breasts, so sorry boys! Ha-ha. I like to wear band T-shirts. I especially like the bands Of Mice & Men, Attila, and Crown The Empire. I wear long sleeves a lot to cover up the scars and tattoos. I’ll explain that later. I wear dark ripped jeans a lot. Not like really ripped, but enough to show skin. I am definitely a Converse type of girl. I own about 7 different pairs. One is the all black Allstar low-top Converse. The others are double-layered high-top different color Converse. I love them a lot.
Anyways. Holy crap. I’m off topic. Where was I… Um… Oh, yeah. I’m the Military’s secret weapon. Well my pack and I. Wait, you also want me to explain what they look like? Ohmygoddddddd…fine. Where do I start? Austin? Okay.

Austin. Is. GORGEOUS!! He’s 6’2”, he’s 17, and he likes to hover over me because of the great height difference. I’m only 5’5”. He’s tall, gorgeous, tan skin, ocean-blue eyes, and black hair. His hair is long but short enough that he can tease me by running his fingers through it. He has that ‘emo’ flip. Freaking. Gorgeous. Ugh. Austin typically wears beanies, guy skinny jeans, and a T-shirt. He’s so plain, but so cute. ANYWAYS. Yeah, Austin is that sweetheart guy, he doesn’t start fights but he ends them. He’s the darkish brown wolf.

Okay, next. Jake. Jake is 6’4”. Yeah, he’s freaking tall. He has hair that is blond that goes to about his eyes. He, too, has the ‘emo’ flip, but don’t we all? He has a really nice tan and is really well built. All the ladies love him. He tends to wear snapbacks, flannels, and Vans that match every color flannel he owns. Think I’m kidding? Jake is like the gentle giant. He’s so loving. I can’t believe be can become a wolf and get so angry. It’s quite terrifying to watch. He’s the gray wolf.

Now Mikey. Mikey, Mikey, Mikey. Michael is crazy. He has dark brown hair. It goes a little bit passed his eyes. It’s usually messy but the cute kind of messy. His hair is straight. He tends to also wear beanies, T-shirts, a black jacket, and ripped jeans. He also likes Converse. He’s about 6’1”. He’s definitely my buddy out of all of them. We hang out the most. He has the most innocent looking green eyes. I love that boy so much. He is super shy and tends to hang by my side all the time. He is the light-brown wolf.

Austin is the good-looking one, Jake is the popular one, Mikey is the quiet one, and I’m...me, I guess. Our school knows us but we still have our different cliques. I hang out with the wrestlers and cheerleaders, Jake is with the football players, Austin hangs out with the skaters, and Mikey is usually with me or in the theater with the drama kids. We all are great skateboarders and great at playing sports, but we all have our own special talents. I sing and dance, Jake is into athletics, Mikey is a great actor, and Austin plays guitar for me. We all get along so well though our personalities are different. Wait, something doesn’t feel right. I’ve been sitting in my room explaining who we are…but I never noticed there was another heartbeat. Uh oh. I gotta go.”

After writing that sentence down, I quickly got off of my bed and ran for the door. I can’t believe I never heard it, I thought. I ran out of the door and down the stairs. I heard a thump coming from upstairs.

“Crap, crap, crap,” I said quietly.

I fumbled for the door handle when I realized I could face whoever this was. I was pretty strong. I can handle anything. I ran into my kitchen. From the front door all I had to do was turn left down the hallway and hide behind the counter. I clutched my notebook to my chest. I didn’t notice that I was only wearing a big shirt and underwear. My hair was up in a messy bun. I could hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

“Who’s there?” I called out.

No one answered, and then it was suddenly quiet. I slowly stood up from behind the counter and nothing could prepare me for what I was about to witness. I stood face to face with him.

This story-line came from a few dreams I had. Please rate and comment, opinions are necessary if I am to continue writing.

on Feb. 20 2014 at 9:54 am
Nella.Girl97 BRONZE, Ashland, Wisconsin

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart."

I like this very much! This part was interesting, and you definatly need to keep writing for this! I think maybe you could put more plot in it? just a suggestion! but very good!

.king. SILVER said...
on Feb. 16 2014 at 3:30 pm
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dude, this is awesome, 'tis like a movie! The interactive tone kept me readin 'till the very end.. Very interesting read; haha when's part two comin' out? XD