My Brother the Alien | Teen Ink

My Brother the Alien

By LittleWolfGirl SILVER, Campbell, California
LittleWolfGirl SILVER, Campbell, California

Knowledge is Power, Power corrupts, so be Smart and Rule the World
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Little Lilly Linda was only six years old, but she knew that her baby brother was an alien. It was obvious to any one with a pair of eyes. Why else would he be so different from the normal earthlings she hung out with? She only realized it when her friends taught her a new rhyme at recess: her brother was from Mars! Little Lilly Linda was smart though, she'd seen the movies, aliens only brought trouble to those they stayed with. ET caused all sorts of problems for his earth family. Her brother would only create disasters for her and hers.
Evidence was everywhere. He was pale and wrinkly, nothing like her smooth tanned skin. He had very little hair. He didn't talk or know English. He had to be taught everything! He also was powerful. Her brother only need let out a wail and suddenly her parents were doing everything he needed. He was carried, and fed, and no one punished him when he broke something. And, they only seemed to care about him now, not Little Lilly Linda. They wouldn't even let her play with her karaoke machine anymore...she'd wake the baby. It was official, her little brother wasn't her brother after all, but an alien who had come to enslave her parents...why else would her baby brother have a tail and horns?

This is a short story under three hundred words