A Drink and a Dance | Teen Ink

A Drink and a Dance

August 30, 2013
By Get_Sherlock BRONZE, Waynesboro, Mississippi
Get_Sherlock BRONZE, Waynesboro, Mississippi
2 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
We all go a little crazy sometimes. Haven't you?


She puts on her best dress. Tonight is a special night, her first date in a long, long time. She looks at herself in the mirror. The dress hangs from her frame, hinting at the curves that she has. Its velvet-like look makes her think of the dresses she wore for Christmas parties when she was a child. The crimson color, paired with her raven hair and pale skin, make her look paler than usual, almost paper white. She doesn't care; the dark lights in the club she'll meet her date at will make everything look darker than they are, since club's tend to be dark anyway. She slips on black stilletos and grabs her purse, also black, and leaves the house, excited for a change of pace. When she gets in the club, a man waves at her. His eyes take in her ravishing beauty. "Wow, you look even better than the picture on your profile!" says a pleasantly shocked Kevin Harper, dressed in a silky shirt that the lights made look the same color as her dress. His tight pants look dark black, like her hair, and his slicked pack hair looks to have more grease in it than an order of fries from McDonalds. She smiles, the glossy candy apple red lip gloss makes her teeth seem brighter than they are. "It's really nice to meet you, Esther." he says after a moment, "I have a table if you care to sit." She nods, and they head to a corner booth, curved all the way around. They scoot in, the leather upholstery squeaking terribly. "You hungry?" he asks her, waving for a waitress to come over. "No, I ate before I came, but a drink would be nice." she replies, smiling sweetly. He orders a beer, while she has a cranberry juice with vodka. They talk about their childhoods, their funny everyday occurences, and then he asks her to dance. She agrees and they slide out of the booth. The song they first dance to is fast, with a hypnotic, rythmic beat. Then the next song is slow, the singer lulling the listener into a calm, peaceful state. They slow danced to that one, his hand moving suggestively to her lower back. She moves closer and whispers in his ear, "Would you escort me home when the song ends?" He smiles. "Yes," he murmurs in reply, "I will." The song soon ends, and they head to her house. He walks her to his car, a sleek black sports car. Being a gentleman, he opens the door for her. Then when she gets in, runs to the other side and hops in. She gives prescise directions, and soon they arrive at her house. It's a lovely secluded cottage, with various varieties of fragrant flowers planted around the yard, arranged nicely and neatly. The fence has Morning Glories and Moonflowers hanging from it, their vines clinging to the white painted wood. She unlocks the door and they step inside. The interior has a stone fireplace in the center wall, with two rocking chairs facing it, a couch with a blue floral pattern between them. She invites him to sit there while she makes some tea. He sits on the couch and anticipates the night of fun ahead of him. She comes back with two cups of tea, served in delicate, white porcelain cups with a gold rim and matching saucers. She gently hands him a cup and he sips it. It's a bit strong, but he doesn't react, as not to insult her. She drains her cup a bit before he finishes his. She takes the cups and platters and places them on a nearby coffee table. She sits next to him on the couch and leans against his shoulder. "I...feel odd." he slurs. "It's okay, it's just the tea." she whispers, kissing his neck lightly. He tries to open his eyes, but they get heavier and heavier. "What...did...you do?" he asks, each word a struggle. She smiles and replies, "You know the rule don't drink anything you haven't made yourself, right? You didn't pay attention, and now look at you. You look good enough to drink." She kisses his neck again, then lowers her fangs and bites down, sucking his very life from him.


The author's comments:
This is my first work in a while, so please don't be too harsh in your review. Thanks!