Shinigami Soulmates | Teen Ink

Shinigami Soulmates

By AridaMiku GOLD, Lacombe, Other
AridaMiku GOLD, Lacombe, Other

Many people read books to escape their world to enter into another.

"Hades, do need anything else?" I asked, before i want for my last job today. I had been expertly hard lately just for Hades.

"Yes Mara, I do," Hades answered. "There is a new shinigami coming today. I would like you to teach him the ropes. He will be your partner. Samael, you can come in." The shinigami entered the room with his head facing down to the floor.

"You must be Samael, right?" I asked in a kind but affirmative voice. He slowly brought his eyes up to meet mine.

"Yes that's my name. It's nice to meet you'" He told me. I felt the blood drain from my mind . These eyes....these lips....this face i knew it. Uncontrollably the tears flowed down my face. "Samael.........? Is it really you?"I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around him and weeped. "What happened to you. How did you get here?" No.....you shouldn't be here. It's dangerous for you. I still love you. Oh...Samael..."

"I don't mean to be rude or anything but...who are you again?" He asked me. Terror and shock shot through me like a bolt of lighting. Samael doesn't remember who i was after all the years we were together?

Hades looked at me weird and asked, "Do you know Samael, Mara?" Hades looked at me then at Samale then back to me.

"We were boyfriend and girlfriend before i died. But when he went missing i killed myself the day before he was found. If i hadn't killed myself i would be with him now and i would've keep him from killing himself. I swear if you leave a finger on him." I explained full emotion and overcoming with tears. "But what does that mean to you, Hades?"

I felt frustration that Samael did not remember me then i recalled what Hades had told me when i first became a Shinigami : "Shinigami are humans who are still connected to earth and usually commit suicide. They lose all memories of their time on earth. Expect you're a special case Mara, because i took pity on you, you are the only shinigami whose memories of their human life were not suppressed. You should be grateful. "
"Hades, I want you to make Samael human again!" I eyed Samael to see how he react. He just stood there emotionless. "In exchange for that, I will take my own life." I looked silently at Hades to see his reaction. His eyebrows were lifted and deep in thought. His eyes were cold and hard .

“That is unacceptable. Samael will stay a shinigami. Anyway it is foolish to just day for someone who can’t die as well as you. I can not let you die. So..no” His response hit me hard.

“Why can’t you? If Samael can’t be human, then i don’t want to be a shinigami and suffer. I’ll leave the underworld. I’ll live in the human world with Samael.”

“No you can’t.......!” Hades yelled. That was quick and he looked mad and depressed at the same time. What the heck was his problem?

“Why can’t I....?” I yelled at him. I was really mad.

“Because.......” Hades said. He was having a hard time saying why i couldn’t. He suddenly was just quiet.

“The reason?” I was getting annoyed and frustrating.

He got the courage and told me, “You can’t go, because I need you , what I mean is that I love you!”

The world went black and the black took over me. Hades loved me........?