Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio
BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

It wasn't long before the two were flying over the woods she Aimee was so familiar with. She watched as the deep green leaves of the trees went past her and moved in the gentle breeze. Lyle finally landed in the middle of the forest and she felt her feet touch the ground. Lyle took a moment to check Aimee over, just making sure everything was okay. They walked into the building, side by side, and Lyle lead her into the machine room. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it, "We just need to make sure they didn't put a tracking device in you. Since you were unconscious, we can't be too careful." Aimee smiled and squeezed her dear friend's hand back, "I know. I want to come here. I'm fine." Lyle laughed and Aimee couldn't help but smile. Lyle had such a bubbly personality, it seems contagious. When the two finally reached the room, a friendly woman greeted them. "Hello Lyle. Aimee, its nice to have you back. If you go ahead and step this way, we can get this over as quickly as possible." Lyle waved as Aimee followed the woman behind a curtain. "I'm going to have you drink this," the woman handed Aimee a cup of blue liquid which she drank quickly, "and then go ahead and take off all your clothes and lie down on the metal platform over there." She smiled one more time at Aimee and stepped on the other side of the curtain. Aimee quickly did as she was told and laid down. As soon as she did, the platform began to move into the giant machine and total darkness engulfed her. Her eyes were just starting to adjust to the darkness when a bright purple laser came out and began scanning her body. Aimee heard a ding, meaning the scan was complete. The laser disappeared and the whole machine began glowing red. She felt as a magnet started to pull at her skin. After a few moments of uncomfortable tugging the magnet quick, and the metal bed moved back out and Aimee found a fresh outfit folded up next to the screen and she got dressed. She turned around to the full length mirror and studied herself. Her pale skin showed no sign of the metal cuffs from earlier. She lifted her curly red hair off her neck and made sure there were no new marks or scars. Her green eyes still looked the same. She turned and walked down the hall into the cafeteria. Once she got her lunch, she sat at a table in the back and began eating. She felt her mind wander to how this all happened. She remembered the rumors going around that the government had discovered a virus that would turn the soldiers into super soldiers, but no one in her small town really believed it. So once the news released that the virus had gotten out, her small town didn't think it would affect them. She also remembered the sickness that hit those who were infected with the virus. She also remembered when the scientists came to take away anyone who was infected, Aimee and her two friends, Lyle and Ayden, barely escaped. They wandered around in the woods for days until Professor Morris finally found them and took the three in. Now, every refugee hiding from the government is being trained to use their powers and protect themselves. Aimee was jolted out of her thoughts by Ayden slamming his tray down on the table and laughing. "Earth to Aimee. Is your lunch really so interesting that you have to stare at it?" Aimee smiled, "Hey Ayden, what's up?" Ayden sat down and smiled, "Not much, glad to have you back. Lyle is in the room passed out so I figured I'd come find you." Aimee smiled, "Well, I'm glad you got to come find me." While the two sat there and chatted, Aimee took a good look at her friend. Ayden ran his hand through his dark brown hair as he spoke and his hazel eyes sparkled when he laughed. His skin was an ivory color, and the muscles in his arm flexed when he laughed too hard.

This is all I have so far. I would love some opinions on how its coming so far.

BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio

Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

There will be a part three (: I'm just not sure exactly where to go next so its in the works :3

Laur01 SILVER said...
Laur01 SILVER, Syracuse, New York

You never fail until you stop trying. -Albert Einstein

No problem! Will there be a part three?

BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio

Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

yes it is (: I realized after I submitted I should have put part two (: and thank you!

Laur01 SILVER said...
Laur01 SILVER, Syracuse, New York

This is a continuationof the original "untiltled" right? It was really good! :)