The Past Will Fly By

A girl is trapped in a world she used to know and does not know how to get back to her life. She has had something done to her that she does not understand. She was from the 18th century and now she is wondering the world in the 20th century. How she going to get her life back on track and will she find her true love on the way? Please comment if you like what I have written so far because I'm still not sure If I will keep writing this... Chapter 1: Chapter 1 What am I? I can feel, lift and touch objects and humans but I can’t feel my heart beat. Am I dead? Am I a zombie? What am I? I feel love and hate, sorrow and happiness yet I don’t know what I am. I’m not living nor am I dead. I can cry and kiss. I can cough and sneeze. I can taste and smell things yet I don’t feel I need them to live. What am I? Am I an animal? I can’t be. I’m not living… Am I living? What is it like to be alive? I remember everything before my parents kicked me out but I don’t know why they kicked me out. Am I a tiny particle in this world? I touched my arms lightly, nope.
I ran my hand through my white hair, touched my eye lids, my nose, my cheeks then my lips. I feel human. I brought my fingers to my neck and checked my pulse. Nothing. I sighed and hugged my knees to my chest. I touched my white dress. How old am I? How old is this dress? I looked at my bare feet, not remembering ever having shoes on them. Why would I leave the house with bare feet? Why am I here, in the middle of a city I have never seen in my life? Is this where I was born? Where I grew up? Where I turned 16? I can’t remember. I growled and ran my hands through my hair frustrated with myself. Why can’t I remember? Grabbed my head tightly in my hands, squeezing hoping it will give me the information I greatly want to know. Nothing. Who am I? What’s my name? I’m a girl. Did I ever have a name? I stood on shaky legs. When was the last time I stood? I breathed in, filling my lungs with air. I sighed again. I can’t feel my lungs inhaling the oxygen. I grabbed my stomach, wanting to double over and heave but nothing came out. I looked up again to see an old couple watching me with an amused expression on their old faces. I bit my lip feeling my teeth grow and slide into my lips. A warm substance dripped down my chin. I felt my misty blue eyes widen and my hand flew to my mouth. Then something happened. I felt my heart stutter in my chest then beat faster and faster. I felt my lungs take in the air I inhaled. I felt the blood run through my veins. I sighed happily. I’m alive after all. I smiled then brushed the blood off of my lip with the back of my hand then started to walk around the place I woke up in. There were houses taller than the average one story building. There were metal horses. Are they horses? Do they like apples? I heard people chatting happily around me. Why are they so happy? A war is being fought by our people yet they seem oblivious to it.
I remembered watching men blow up, there organs exploding out of there body. Blood streaming out of blown off limbs. There face contorting from determination to fear to pain. I remembered watching Caution running out of the field with a gun in his hands. I watched as he dodged bombs and bullets with grace, shooting people while he ran then he fell. I screamed and sobbed. He hit the ground, shaking with fear and pain trying to clog a bullet wound in his side, imbedded near his hip bone. I ran out of hiding to the man I have always loved and was my suitor. I ran into the battle field, dodging bullets in my white dress and white slippers. I felt adrenaline rush through my body. I dropped next to the tall, black haired, moss green eyed, 17 year old man, on the ground, in a heap of pain. I touched the man’s bloody face. His eyes opened. He moved his mouth then….
Something beeped. I jumped up, turned around and saw a metal horse with a man yelling inappropriate words at me. I looked at him in shock. What a disrespectful man. I don't like this place at all.

FallenAngel170198This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:58 am:
When I have time maybe :L

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10 at 5:21 pm:
Alright. Your story concept is interesting enough but this needs some editing. Cheifly the mistakes in the begining as you said. Watch out for your uses of past tense and present tense. You'd like to turn this into a novel later, correct? My addvice to you is save yourself a head ache and set your main character down in an armchair reflecting on her younger years after she gets back--If she gets back :) Writing in present tense is SO hard and very few writers... (more »)

Jaguar17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 8:43 pm:
Please excuse the mistakes and the beginning.