Abduction or Insanity? volume 2 | Teen Ink

Abduction or Insanity? volume 2

By ZephyrPunk PLATINUM, Richmond, Ohio
ZephyrPunk PLATINUM, Richmond, Ohio

"The color yellow does not belong in this universe." - me
"Neninem pecunia divitem fecit " - Seneca

“WAKE UP IT’S CHRISTMAS!” yelled my little brother, Sam as he turned on my light. I jumped out of bed and grabbed him yelling “I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT ANYMORE! YOU WANT BEAT OR SOMETHING!?” “But it’s Christmas!” he said, wiggling out of my grip. “Whatever” I said, then slumped into the bathroom. After brushing my hair and straightening up my clothes (I still had my MXPX tank and jeans on), I went downstairs. I don’t really have to act excited on Christmas, I actually enjoy it usually. My mother frowned at me, probably because I’m not wearing those pajamas she gave me last night. I just don’t like pajamas; they usually cover up my tattoos completely, and are way too hot. I like to be under the covers at night and I can’t do that with warm pajamas. Anyway, I wasn’t going to let that ruin my day, so I smiled at her and said “Merry Christmas, Mom.” She smiled back at me and gave me a hug, despite the fact that I have told her time and time again I don’t like being touched. I straightened my clothes, and went to the mantel and grabbed my stocking. I sat on the couch and started eating the chocolate. Thomas, my other brother, sat next to me with his stocking and asked “Where did you go last night sis, and why were you so late?” Thomas was my favorite brother because he always said what was on his mind and he was so darn cute. He was also really smart but chose to hide it for some reason. “I didn’t go anywhere particular, just for a walk. I don’t know why I was late though, something weird happened in the woods I think.” “You think?” he asked, smart as ever. “Well, the thing is, I saw these lights, but when I went over there they disappeared. Somehow I fell, I guess I’m just clumsy, that’s how my clothes got dirty. Anyway, I guess I lost track of time or something because I came home like twenty minutes after I had planned.” Thomas’s eyes got really big then, like he saw a ghost or something. “What’s the matter?” I asked “Is the sugar in your candy getting to you or something?” He took a deep breath and said “Sometimes you are really smart and sometimes you are really dumb, I don’t understand you sometimes.” Confused, but not showing it, I said “Ha, that’s me, the walking contradiction.” He laughed and said “I told you before; quoting Green Day songs doesn’t make you sound smart.” “It’s time to open presents you guys!” said Sam. “Whatever,” I thought, “I’ll find out what Thomas was talking about later.” So I grabbed one of my presents.

After all of the presents were unwrapped, I took all of my loot upstairs. Of course, at that point I had completely forgotten about the conversation between Thomas and me. After dropping my stuff on my bed, I grabbed my laptop and went downstairs. Since my mother insisted upon the fact that the family spends time together on Christmas, I would write downstairs. I sat on the couch and opened up my word program, then continued the song I was writing. Sam was setting up the table tennis game he had gotten with Dad, and Thomas was putting together a space puzzle with mom. “Why don’t you join us?” Mom asked. “You guys don’t need any help.” I said, annoyed at the interruption of my brilliance. “Please play with me,” said Thomas, “It’s a space puzzle, I know you like space.” How was I supposed to say no to that? I sighed and set my computer down. I sat down next to Thomas and started putting together the part with the creepy alien. With the three of us working on it, the measly five hundred piece puzzle was done in no time. Thomas could have easily done it himself, even if he was only eight. “You’re so good at puzzles!” he said. I took the compliment for what it was worth – almost nothing. Thomas enjoys worshiping me for some reason unknown to mankind. It’s not like I’m actually good at anything. Anyway, I was going to go back to my song, but when Mom left, Thomas said “I think you were abducted by aliens.” Startled but not wanting to show it I said “you’re an alien dude.” “No, really!” He said “I’m not joking. I really think you were abducted by aliens.” “Whatever, dude. Prove it.” I said trying to act amused. The truth was, I was almost sure I had been abducted by aliens the night before, I just wanted conformation. “You see, the situation you described was the same situation described by the thousands of people who claim to be abducted by aliens. The lights, the time loss, mysterious loss in balance, everything!” he said, “I thought that people were just making it up based on The X-Files, but then it happened to you, so some of the stories must be true!” I shrugged then said “so I was abducted by aliens, what does that prove, that I’m a total loser?” “I don’t know, but I though you might want to know what happened to you last night, I mean, it might be something you can write about, you know, in a song or journal entry, then maybe when you get famous more people would actually believe me about extraterrestrials, I don’t know…” I laughed. Like I am ever going to be famous. The kid really looks up to me, and all I’m going to do is disappoint him. I couldn’t stop laughing for a while. He looked at me sadly with those big eyes of his and said, “You don’t believe me.” “What?” I asked, “of course I believe you, I thought I had been abducted by aliens, I just wanted a conformation from someone with a brain. I’m laughing because you think I’m going to get famous.” “I know you will though.” He said, laughing. “Hey,” I asked, “do you want to come help me build the model airplane I just got?” “Yes!” he shouted, and ran upstairs. I followed him with my laptop. “I guess my song will have to wait then.” I thought.

well, here's the second volume, hope you like it... I promise there will be action soon, but I have to finish introducing major characters first XD