Superiors | Teen Ink

Superiors

By mickdarling21 SILVER, Fairfax, Virginia
mickdarling21 SILVER, Fairfax, Virginia

Hard work beats talent if talent fails to work

Superior
The yellow slip of paper is hande to me. I am being forced to stay. My mother and sister are leaving, going to a better place they say. It’s not like we have a choice though, we never have. Everything has been planned, from the day we were born, to the day we die. They know our thoughts before we think them. They control us. The superiors know what is best, that is what we have been raised to believe. Only one week ago, the untouchables attacked. Few of us knew who they were, as they were only in a handful of the selected lessons for our specialized needs. Since I was on my way to becoming a date manager for the superiors, the untouchables were in my lessons. Many years before the superiors united us into a perfect union, we lived in chaos. The world had more than they could handle and our ancestors nearly wiped themselves off the earth. The superiors brought everyone into this union, but those who refused were thrown out to survive on their own. These are the untouchables. We are not to speak of them, we are not to speak to them in the rare occasion that we do meet them, and we are not to become them. The superiors have chosen me, and many others to stay. They must choose for us, for we are incapable of making decisions on our own.
Who am I kidding? I don’t believe in any of that. We’re just like those superiors; we can make our own decisions. If I wanna stay, then that’s what I’m gonna do. If I wanna leave, then that’s what I’ll do. I know why I was picked, cuz I can fight. They’ve seen it. And guess what? I’m not gonna fight those people who know exactly what they’re doing, I’m fighting the superiors. I don’t care what happens to me, but guess what? Nothing will happen to me anyways I’m tough, far more than those pompous creatures who taunt us daily. They're breaking hearts, splitting people apart, and ruining our lives. I’ve done what they have chosen for far too long. Now, I'm not going without a good fight. Hah. Let’s see how superior they feel when I’m through with them.