A Sky Beneath Us | Teen Ink

A Sky Beneath Us

By alanclarke714 PLATINUM, Kuna, Idaho
alanclarke714 PLATINUM, Kuna, Idaho

"...All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Every day, humanity is on the brink of destruction; people walk to and fro, not knowing that any and every day could be their last, but that tale ended long ago. Now, humans know that their planet is slowly dieing; they acknowledge the end, in ways more than one. Sadly, they do not know that their planet was home to something of a far greater power, and intelligence, but also something beyond dangerous and violent in nature. Beings created out of pure chaos; creatures wielding power untamed by the universe. They have many names and many shapes and many sizes, but they have no true purpose; they care not for life or for death as they are immortal. They have re-written history at points where civilization has reached a "peak," or defining moment. They have influenced certain individuals to carry out their tasks that have echoed through the barrier between our worlds; a telekinetic connection, of sorts. Their world is a massive, dark and cold void beneath the surface of our once beautiful, blue rock; a mirror image of what ours is to become. These beasts have been imagined by others, for they live not only within the bowels of the Earth but in the black empty of space itself. There is a sky beneath us, but it will no longer be beneath our feet for their time will come to rise again, and the sky will rise with them; a new world among mortals. They await for their able return, and they will keep waiting for however long it may take, for they know not the meaning of life.

I'm fascinated with the idea of extra-terrestrials living among humanity but out of sight, say in another plain of existence outside our own or hidden in the Earth. "What would a world look like hidden beneath the Earth; that's my question."