Spirit user??? | Teen Ink

Spirit user???

By LlamaGirlMay BRONZE, Hyde Park, New York
LlamaGirlMay BRONZE, Hyde Park, New York

“I have to escape,”
“Where do you escape to?”
“The safe serenity of my mind,”
“Why?”
“Because the reality of the world outside of my mind is just too painful and real to live in,” I said with the seriousness of a 30 year old instead of a 16 year old.
“Why do you think so?” Asked the 23 year old guidance’s counselor. His voice filling the comfortable room with the question. I look at the light in the corner of the room trying hard to hold back the tears threatening to spill over and show weakness. “Leila you can’t avoid the world forever,” He whispered.
“Yes I can,” I said. My voice ringing clear in the still air of his room. “And I will,” I whispered lowering my head letting my fiery red hair fall around my face in its perfect ringlets, hiding my glacier blue eyes and heart shaped face from his searching brown eyes. Sighing he ran his hand through his sandy blond hair messing it up even more than it already was.
“What are we going to do with you?” He asked more to himself than me. “You have to understand that it was inevitable,” He said turning his chair back around to look me in the eye. “I know that it was too soon, I understand really, but there is nothing you can and or could have done to prevent it,”
“Yes there was!” I yelled pushing myself out of the chair. “I could have been with her; I could have been the one to die rather than her. Do you really understand what I’m going through?” I yelled at him. With each word my voice getting louder. “The worst part was that I was right there,” I whisper sinking back down into the chair. Putting my face in my hands, I let out the tears that were there, too weak to push them back. “I’m sorry I’m so weak, you have to deal with crying teenagers every day more than likely. I am sorry to add to it,”
“Oh Leila,” He said “I’m sorry, and I know that you have gotten a lot of people saying that and that you think no one really means it but I do,” He said putting his hand on my back in a comforting way. I look up at him through my fingers.
“I know you do,” I said. I open up my mind and look at Mr. Aalderink see his aura is a mix of purple, blue, orange, yellow, and bits of coral and rose. When I see the shades pink I look at my feet and blush. “I should go,” I said “I have to go check in on my dad,” I told him looking back up into his brown eyes. “It’s been worse on him than it has been on me,”
“How is he holding up?” Asked Mr. Aaderink “It must be hard for him. To lose the love of his life,” He had no idea.
“Yeah it is really hard on him. But he seems to be holding on as best as he can,” I said slinging my bag over my shoulder and standing “I mean it was only last week that my mom died so, he is doing considerably well,”
“Well if he ever wants to talk to someone about it tell him I’m here,” He said standing and walking over to the door “I’m here for you to, if you need to talk,” He said kindly putting a hand on my back. I gasp. Once his hand is on my back I am flooded with calming warmth. Dropping my bag I lean into his hand sighing. His other hand wraps around my waist pulling me closer into him. Tilting my head up and looking over my shoulder I search for his eyes. I SET FIRE TO THE RAIN!!! Started blasting thought the room from my bag. Break the connection I fall to my knees and start looking for my cell phone. Looking at the name I see that it’s my best friend Zoey is calling. I looked over my shoulder at Mr. Aaderink.
“I have to take this sorry,” I said standing up with my bag. “Yellow’” I said answering the phone.
“OMG so guess who just asked where you were? It was Luke… I know right the most powerful Water mage at school, Okay so why aren’t you saying anything? It’s a big deal it means he likes you,” She said in a whirl wind.
“Zoey, chill. You didn’t give me a chance to speak,” I said closing the door behind me. “And you know I don’t care about power. I care about how they really are inside,” I said fumbling with the door to the parking lot.
“I know but I was just thinking about you,” She sighed into the phone
“I know you were, But I’m not ready for anything big to happen yet and a boyfriend is big,” I had stopped walking and was leaning against my black 1990 BMW. “Okay?”
“Yeah, I was only thinking about you,”
“I understand, Hay where are you school is only about to be let out?”
“Oh I’m in homeroom, But…...” RINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! Blasted although out the school “I meet you at your car, Later”
“Gaeta,”
“Hi yeah Brem,” Turning around I see Emerson leaning up against his silver Honda eon.
“Hi Emerson,” I sigh, my smile turning into a frown. Looking him up and down I understand again why no one likes him. First his crappy attitude to most human beings and animals, then his cloths. Today he was wearing black skinny jeans but still managed to have them sag so you could see his pink teddy bear boxers. Then his wanna-be-cool leather jacket and his white t-shirt. He looked like a perfect Ponyboy look alike from the outsiders.
“So you going to be home Friday night?” he asked trying too hard to be casual.
“Ummm I have to work with Ryan on my magic,” I said quickly “Sorry, Emerson,”
“That’s okay,” He said “I’ll just pick you up after that,” With that he turns on his heels and jumps into his car speeding out of the lot.
“Wait but-“ I tried yelling with no luck. I stomped my foot and turn around almost bumping into Zoey.