C.I.A.F.T.G.M. | Teen Ink

C.I.A.F.T.G.M.

September 27, 2011
By iStorm GOLD, Anonymous, Other
iStorm GOLD, Anonymous, Other
11 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
You can't change your past, but you can change your future.


Chloe stood facing her open locker, analyzing the textbooks and papers that clattered the shelf she had recently installed. ‘I really need to organize this thing’ she thought pulling out her algebra book and a few clean sheets of graph paper. Someone tapped on her shoulder. “Hello Seth,” she said gently closing the locker.
“How’d you know it was me?” her twin asked bewildered.
“Seth you’re my twin, plus I have no friends in this stupid town,” Chloe told him as she mentally refrain herself from hitting him. “Go to class,” she said making a sharp U-turn for the math classrooms.
Of course Mr. Vootbreg was waiting at the door for her. “And just why are you late little missy?” he insisted.
“Locker jam,” Chloe said as she surrendered last night’s math homework. She quickly took her seat in the front of the room. Her cheeks fluctuated from a golden tan to a bright shade of embarrassing red.
“This is assignment is nothing new and should be fairly easy. Work in groups, stay on topic, and I’ll be at my desk if anyone has questions,” Mr. Vootbreg assured us.
Chloe took out one of the clean sheets of paper she had seized from her locker earlier and elegantly inked her name on the top of the page, with a shiny silver pen. ‘At least this is the last period of the day’ she reminded herself, ‘then you can go home, lock yourself in your room, and work on calligraphy for the rest of the afternoon. Perhaps you can also give Simon a call.’
“Oh great, there goes Zoë showing off her pretty handwriting,” Libby exclaimed.
“My name is Chloe, not Zoë, and this is calligraphy. You would know if you didn’t sit staring at your nails all day,” she muttered under her breath.
“You’re going to argue with me?” Libby posed.
“Well your quite novice too this aren’t you,” Libby’s friend Chrissie said.
‘Just ignore them. They are a bunch of half brained blonds away’ this thought sprang a new idea to her head. “Hey Libby, you know how you drowned a blond? You stick a mirror to the bottom of a pool!” Chloe grinned delighted.
“I’ll make you a bargain Zoë, do my math homework and I’ll give you a makeover! No more glasses or baggy clothes,” Libby enticed.
“No way and my name is Chloe!” she said explicitly handing Libby a piece of graph paper as the bell, signaling the end of the school day, rang sharp and clear throughout the classroom. Chloe gather her things, walked quickly to her brother’s locker, and prudently opened it. His locker was neatly organized with a variety of brightly colored binders and labels.
“Chloe? How’d you get my locker open?” Seth asked as she handed him the orange and green binders. “I never gave you the combination.”
“Does it really matter?” she questioned slamming the door shut.
The two siblings walked in silence down the grey sidewalk. Chloe kept beat with the padding of her brother’s shoes and he buried himself in a fantasy novel. Neither had a clue they were being watched by a very special organization of people. The C.I.A.F.T.G.M. or The Central Intelligence Agency for the Genetically Modified had been tracking the siblings for weeks and it was now time to move in.