December 2012

I sit on the windowsill of my mountainside home, watching everything going on in the city below. The sky is calm and quite, white fluffy clouds float above the buildings like cotton candy.

Children play in the nearby park, not a care in the world, as their parents watch carefully. As I look out into the distance, I saw dark black clouds rolling in fast. They rolled in faster and faster. The cotton candy clouds quickly turned coal black. The parents quickly took their children into the safety of their homes.

The clouds sat over the city like rocks, nothing moved, not sounds were made. Until, there was a thunderous boom that echoed loudly over the city. Suddenly, the skies opened up and it rained heavily upon the city, and lightning light up the sky. Colors or purple, red, yellow, green, orange, and yellow light the sky like a disco. Fires broke out all over the city as the lightning hit. It was as if some higher being was punishing mankind. And I knew, as i heard the screams of the townspeople, that the end of the world was upon us.