Diary of a Wasp | Teen Ink

Diary of a Wasp

May 24, 2011
By bookworm29 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland
bookworm29 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland
28 articles 2 photos 61 comments

May 6th,

My best friends, Spider VI and Worm II, and I had race. Spider won first place, I came in second and Worm… well let’s just say that it took him about an hour to reach the finish line, which was 10 feet away from the starting line. I think Spider won because he has more legs than Worm and I. I mean, Spider has EIGHT legs! After all, I only need two more legs to match him.









Sincerely, Wasp XIII

May 10th,

Mr. Snibo died of old age just this morning. He was the oldest wasp ever to live, I think, to the age of 365 days. I can’t imagine living that long, but I'm not too excited of dying quickly either.

Thanks for listening, Wasp XIII

May 14th,

This morning, the Junior Work Group and I hunted for the nest’s breakfast. We found a Maple tree, no more than twenty years old, then tore the bark and BINGO! Delicious, sweet, yummy sap, oozing out of the tree...
Still eating sap,Wasp XIII

May 18th,

Some human attacked the nest, but the Junior Work Group and I stung him in the neck! The human ran away, making a lot of noise from his mouth. I hope he doesn’t come back, but if he does then my stinger is ready for him.

See you later,Wasp XIII

May 19th,

I think I should’ve injected a bit more venom into the human’s neck, because he came back today, itching red spots all over his body. He didn’t do any harm, but he just stood there, itching, and staring at the nest for a long time. Then he walked away, as if deciding to leave us alone.
Amazed, Wasp XII

May 28th,

I invited Spider and Worm to come to my Senior Super Squad training sessions. We practiced our formations and diving; Spider and Worm looked so tiny from up there! My wings are sore and are aching now, because of all that exercise. It’s time to go to sleep.
Good night,Wasp XIII

June 2nd,

For the first time in my life, Worm and I quarreled today. It started when he said that I looked like an alien, so I told him that he looked like one too. But then, listen to this; he said that HE didn’t have antennas- as if I did! Ha! Then he replied that I just couldn’t see them, so I looked up and turned round and round Worm was right: I couldn’t see the top of my head.

Good bye forever, Wasp XIII


The author's comments:
This was an assignment in seventh grade and I found it saved on my computer about two years later.