Twenty-four Hours | Teen Ink

Twenty-four Hours

May 24, 2011
By Janiebo BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
Janiebo BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A little girl with short brown hair, and beautifully knowing, bright grey eyes was walking down the street. She suddenly burst into a trillion little pieces. These pieces immediately began to come back together, and twenty-three and a half seconds later, a little girl with short brown hair, and disgustingly stupid, dull grey eyes continued walking down the street.

Two hundred and forty-three seconds after that, a rat passed by a storm drain and found a small piece. Once the creature realized that the item was not food, he threw it into the rushing sewage and continued in his search for something useful. The piece was poured into the ocean where it was eaten by a small fish that was then eaten by a small shark which was beached in a big storm. It died and proceeded to rot. A small toddler found the piece amid the piles of flesh. He tried to place it in his mouth, but his mother saw and took the toddler’s treasure and threw it away, where a dog could find it and bark and howl until his owner came. The owner believed he had found a precious metal, and rejoiced his luck. He took it to a pawn shop. They told him it was worth nothing. He cursed his luck and stepped into the street where he was promptly hit by a car and killed. The piece flew into a truck bed and was carried to a nice little neighborhood where it was launched once more by a bump in the road into a little boy’s yard. I was picked up by a squirrel who thought it was an acorn. Upon realizing the truth, he threw the piece into the street and continued in his search for something useful.

A little girl with short brown hair and disgustingly stupid, dull grey eyes was walking down the street. The little girl again burst into a trillion little pieces. Twenty-three and a half seconds later, a little girl with short brown hair and beautifully knowing, bright grey eyes continued walking.