(not too sure on the title yet sorry) | Teen Ink

(not too sure on the title yet sorry)

October 21, 2010
By elfen_girl BRONZE, Wilmslow, Other
elfen_girl BRONZE, Wilmslow, Other
3 articles 0 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple stupid


A dark shape rested against a cold wall, waiting, anticipating. He was dressed in a black suit, with a pair of shoes that shone in the darkness. As the full moon came into view, he noticed a young woman across the road who seemed to be in a hurry. As she pulled her three-quarter length jacket around her body for protection against the night air, the figure pushed his body forward and began to follow.
His footsteps were soft, creating no sound as they were snatched away by the night breeze. He began to smile to himself, eager for the moment when he allows his prey to feel his presence.
The fear in their eyes when they realise there're trapped, this was his hunt.

The woman's long hair blended with the night sky, a soft wind blew a few of her raven locks gently backwards, carrying her scent towards the dark figure. He walked about five meters behind, waiting for his chance, his hunger growing. He watched her from behind, her coffee brown jacket which covering a pair a dark blue jeans were both highlighted by the numerous street lamps. With each yielding step of her dark thigh boots his need increased and as she twisted her feet to turn right he surrendered and rose to the sky and landed in front of a fair skinned woman. His eyes flashed red, and a pair of long piercing fangs protruded from his upper lip. His hunger at its zenith, his predatory instincts taking hold and knife-like nails that would slice clean through flesh, he was a predator ready to kill.
‘About time you showed yourself’
the voice came from the woman he had been following, stunned, he did not know what to do. The woman smiled innocently.
‘You’re not that good at hiding, are you’ she taunted ’I’m guessing you just turned.’
She gave another mocking smile, shocked, the man snarled in anger
‘who the h*** are you?’
‘you’ve been busy’ she said, ignoring his question ‘you’ve murdered 6 people in the space of only a month, that’s quick work.’
The man lunged forward, his body ready to kill, but he was too slow. The woman pushed on her feet, propelling herself upwards, she reached under her jacket and with her right hand revealed a silver browning handgun. It was the mans turn to smile, but his was more vicious and blood thirsty. As the woman landed on a metal fence to the mans left, she shot twice. But he was equally as fast and dodged both bullets. He jumped backwards and with a powerful thrust of his legs, launch himself at the woman taking her by surprise. His fist connected with her, sending her falling to the ground, she tucked her body in just as she landed, rolling a few feet and then forcing her herself to stand. Thick blood stained the left shoulder of her jacket, but she ignored it. Raising her handgun again she took another three shots aiming for the mans moving figure. The first two passed by his neck and chest as he continuously flitted to dodge the next bullet, the third penetrated his right shoulder as in cried out in pain.
‘you really think that will stop me, you have no idea what I am do you?’ he sneered
‘oh I know exactly what you are, that's why these aren’t just any bullets.’
The mans eyes widened, he let out another more anguished scream as his wound began to glow.
‘what the h***...have you done…to me?’ he hissed as he fell onto one knee grasping his shoulder.

‘I shot you with a special type of bullet, it releases a poison that rapidly paralyses a large area around the wound while leaving the nerves intact.’ said the woman ‘It’s the only way to stop a vampire at your level short of actually killing you.’ She began to walk towards him, raising her gun once more. ‘But I can’t allow you to continue taking the lives of innocent people’ she stopped in front of him ready to pull the trigger.
‘It’s not going to be as easy as you think’ the man derided
Before she could act he was behind her, he wrapped his arms around her neck and waist tightening them until she choked.
‘If I feed right now then I should heal within a matter of minutes’ he whispered into her ear. The woman relaxed then raised her arm above her head towards the mans neck and pulled the trigger.

Standing in the moonlight, it was all Scarlet Carmine could do to watch as the being began to dissolve into a silver dust. She pitied him as he had once been a person with no mind as to what the world really held. Now as the last of his former self crumbled, a gentle breeze carried the dust to the east as the first signs of dawn approached. As Wagner’s The Ride of the Valkyries signalled that she had a call, Scarlet reached into her back pocket, answered the phone and began to walk.
‘Yes, the jobs done’
‘Good’ came the voice on the other end ‘I expected no less from you’
‘I’ll head back now to file my report’ she said
‘Scarlet I suggest you meet up with Grey and Porter….its about Meckt’ as the voice carried on Scarlet became dazed and all she could do was to whisper
‘No…..’


The author's comments:
ive been playing with the idea of writing a real book 4 a while now so i thought id give it a go
tell me what u think and i might write more.
xxx