Power (3) | Teen Ink

Power (3)

October 18, 2010
By meganleigh122 GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
meganleigh122 GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
13 articles 0 photos 81 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."


The principal intercepted me in the hallway.

"Miss Crumb, I would like a word with you. Now."

I sighed and followed.

"Mr. Malone tells me you, what were his words, made Melissa Hart hit herself repeatedly and then made him cover his mouth against his will. Without ever touching either of them."

We were in her small office which was cramped with books, books, and more books. This must be where the library gets its supply.

"What do you make of it, Principal Palmer?" I asked innocently, my eyes wide and childish. I was good at fooling teachers.

"Honestly, I don't know. I don't know how it is probable, let alone possible."

"I don't know what happened. Broc was bullying my friend Max, and I stood up for her. I sorta blacked out," I lied smoothly. I knew exactly what happened, I just couldn't explain it. And I had a feeling in my gut to keep my mouth shut.

"I'm afraid, however, I'm going to have to suspend you. Witnesses say there was violence, and you were involved."

Anger and surprise took over my emotions. I kept my face smooth, though.

I looked into her light brown eyes and decided on an experiment.

"Don't suspend me." I said firmly, using my mind to convey the message as well as say it.

A blank face looked back at me. "You aren't suspended." She said these words like a robot.

And I discovered a gift that would turn out to be a curse.