Spell of the Wolf- Prologue | Teen Ink

Spell of the Wolf- Prologue

By OMGitsCHARLAY GOLD, Canton, New York
OMGitsCHARLAY GOLD, Canton, New York

"No one told me there were penguins in these cookies!!!!" ~ Me, Sophomore Year.

The soft cries of a young girl could be heard throughout the courtyard of the Onyx Castle. Even in the dim glow of the torches lining the walls, the shimmering black stones danced across the face of a hooded figure. The figure held the hand of a small child, the source of the sobs. The child tried to pull away, but the figure held fast, not willing to let the young child run off on her own. The guards of the castle said nothing to the pair, thinking that they were merchants or Gypsies returning to the Great Hall for the evening meal after a hard days work. Even with the high security of the castle, almost anyone could get in if they went in at the right times.

The pair slipped easily past the guards on the first floor, and swiftly made their way to the second floor, before stopping at a large door made of shining oak. Intricate designs covered the door, along with large chunks of shimmering Onyx, a symbol of who lay behind them. The taller figure knelt, then, pulling down her hood to reveal pale while curls. "My little darling," The voice was feminine, as were the facial features. "too long have you suffered at your father's hand. I can stand for it no longer. This is all I can do for you know." The woman took a folded peice of parchment from the pocket of her cloak, gripping it tightly. "They will take care of you here, I know it in my heart. Be not afraid of what lies ahead, little one. Just remember, I will always be your mother. I will come for you when the time is right. Be brave my Angel." She kissed the child on the forehead, then, sliding the parchment under the large door, knocking on it before she turned away, running down the corridor, leaving the child to stand alone.

The child watched as the parchment fully dissapeared, the door creaking open slowly. Large brown eyes stared down at the girl before scanning and re-scanning the letter between shaking fingers.

Princess,
I am turning to you for help in my dark hour. Every day I fear my husband harming out child more than he has already. So I turn to you, hoping that you will give my little Sivyenne all the care and love she deserves in life. Please treat her as if she were your own.

The Princess stared down at the young child before she knelt, giving the frightened girl a bright smile. "Your name is Sivyenne?" There was a certain soft hint to her voice as she spoke, watching as the girl nodded. "That is a beautiful name. Mine is Trianna, and I am very pleased to meet you." The girl bowed her head respectfully, her large violet eyes blinking up at the Princess. "You know, Sivyenne. I would love it if you would stay here with me." The girl's eyes widened as she smiled brightly, nodding furiously, taking the Princess's hand when it was offered to her. Trianna smiled down at the girl before she led her through the large oak doors, closing them softly behind them. "Welcome to your new home."

This is something I've been working on for a while now. I'd REALLY love for you guys to post your comments. I'm hoping to get this publshed, so all of your advice and support will help me in the long run.

deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

You're welcome and thank you, haha!

on Sep. 22 2010 at 8:16 am
OMGitsCHARLAY GOLD, Canton, New York

Thanks so much! My first chapter is pending right now, and I'll make sure to check out your stuff!

That's great, keep writing!! Maybe you could check out some of my stuff, too, if you wanted.

OMGitsCHARLAY GOLD, Canton, New York

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the prologue so much ^_^. I'll try to get up the first couple chapters soon!

This is great! You could be a real fictional author one day. I think you have a real knack for conjuring these kinds of things.