Something That Sometimes Happens After Death.

Why can’t I just deal with this like everyone else? Why did this happen to me? I didn’t do anything wrong. I just woke up the day after my older brother Henry died in a car accident, he was lying on his bed when I went passed his room. Why did I have to see him, why not my parents or my older sister?
I walked into his room after the parents told me what happened to him. There was a man who was on his cell phone and ran a red light, he hit Henry on his way home from a birthday party. I spent hours in my room crying, five hours to be exact. When I walked passed his room and saw a bluish figure on his bed. I opened the door and he was there staring at me.
“ Kimmy.” His voice was his but softer and a lot more quieter. His usually tan skin was a clear blue color, as was the rest of him. “ I know you can’t see me, nobody can as far as I can tell. I just need to say that I love you and I’ll always be watching over you.”
But I could see him. I didn’t understand what was happening. He was right there in front of me, perfectly alive. But he couldn’t be.
“ Wait, you can see me can’t you, Kimmy?” he smiled the widest smile I’ve seen on his face in years. “ Nobody else can… but you can. This is incredible. The last thing I remember was the truck hitting me, then I woke up in the middle of the street, but I was different. I was translucent and blue! Blue, Kimmy! I looked over and saw my body in the drivers seat, with blood all over me, and glass shattered…” He stood up and went to me with one arm extended. I pushed myself up against the wall and cringed. “ I won’t hurt you, Kimmy. Please say something to me.”
“ I don’t understand…” That was all I could say. I ran to my room and locked the door. I looked around frantically and hid under the bed and covered my ears with my damp hands and sobbed.
This was about two months ago, and I’m pretty used to it now. Henry being a… lost soul, as I like to call them. I didn’t tell my parents about me seeing Henry, they would have just thought I was crazy. He had a long talked with me about how I was the only person who could see him, and that he wasn’t alive. He didn’t eat, sleep, or do any of the normal things that the living did.
He’s been with me for two years, but I’m 17, I’ll be going off to collage soon and he said he wasn’t going with me. “ I won’t haunt you, Kimmy. I want you to live your life. I want you to be happy, for me.”
I understood, but all I can think about was how sad and lonely he would be without me around, no one to talk to or to listen. But he says he’ll be fine without me. I was actually happy when he said that, I was free.

NicAliceF said...
Aug. 17, 2010 at 12:41 am:
I liked it. You just might want to think about indentation and new paragraphs, because it makes it easier to read, rather than one long sentence. I'd suggest slowing down, but other than that, it was great. :)

yin_yang replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:46 pm :
i really liked it but i think you should write a part two lol

mudpuppy said...
I think this is very sweet to touch my heart, but spooky enough to give me a bit of "the chills." 

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 10:02 am:
Awww...that was really sad and sweet, you wrote it very well and expressed the emotions and thoughts perfectly.  I love the ending.

DeadPeopleKinndaGrl said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 9:30 am:
30 ppl read this...and....only 4 PPL COMMENTED?!?! R u guys trying to kill me?! Help me out and tell me what u think, what u liked and what u think I should change. And thanx to alll those who commented already. LUV YA!!! Thanx (:

A.Dreamer said...
Very nice story! :) I like the plot, and that guy has such a kind heart. The girl has a honesty about her, and I love how their personalities really show in this piece!

DeadPeopleKinndaGrl said...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 7:59 am:
oh and plz everyone check out my other articles and rate them. Remember to post ur comments 4 me!! Thanx! (:

Lily14 said...
It was really interesting. Good job. A little creepy though.

DeadPeopleKinndaGrl replied...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 7:56 am :
Of course it was a little creepy!! (: This teenager is the only person who can see her dead brother, and it upsets both her and her bro.

fragileblackorchid said...
except 4 the part about him dying

fragileblackorchid said...
wow this is great 5* this is fiction right?thatd be kinda cool if it was real

DeadPeopleKinndaGrl replied...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 7:54 am :
Thanx and yeah, fiction. And it would be awsome but a little tradgic if a young girl would have to go through it. Thank you all for commenting!!