The Yerbj of Gfoi | Teen Ink

The Yerbj of Gfoi

July 20, 2010
By GilmoreGirl SILVER, Cottage Grove, Minnesota
GilmoreGirl SILVER, Cottage Grove, Minnesota
7 articles 17 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
All those who believe in telekinesis raise my hand.


Far away on the planet of Gfoi lives a race of spider-like creatures. They call themselves the Yerbj and are on their way to destroy the human race. Do not be fooled by the fact that they look like spiders, they are slightly bigger that humans and are quite intelligent. The end of the world is rapidly approaching. With every passing second they inch closer to Earth in their spaceships. If they get here before we can think of a weapon to use against them it will be too late. But there is hope, the world’s greatest scientists have assembled and are working on a way to escape our gruesome fate.

The Yerbj will not reach the planet for at least 2 months so we still have some chance though apparently the Yerbj are quite advanced and will be able to defect most weapons and simply fire them back on us. In order to win we need to think of something that even they haven’t thought of yet.

How did this conflict start you ask? Well it all started in the year June 16th this year when humans finally made it out of the Milky Way Galaxy and stumbled upon Gfoi. There they were greeted kindly by the native population and given many gifts. The Yerbj were very excited that they had visitors because there weren’t many races yet that had even made it into space much less traveled to their planet. Everything was going fine until the welcoming dinner that was thrown in honor of the guests. Lt. John Sherwood was walking into the banquet hall when a very small Yerbj landed on his shoulder. Instinct kicked in and Lt. Sherwood swatted at the spider knocking to the ground.

The Yerbj sprang into action to save their fallen comrade and the rest of the humans felt it would be a good idea to wait in the ship for the time being. That turned out to be the best decision of their lives. That small Yerbj had been the crown prince of Gfoi and he did not live due to heavy blood loss from the beating he had taken. Lt. Sherwood had stayed behind to see what happened and only had enough time to radio back to the others and warn them before he was overpowered.

The remaining crew fled Gfoi and returned to warn the planet of the impending doom. All that is left to do is wait and see what will unfold and hope that we will survive.

The author's comments:
So I was looking for something to write about, like a picture or article when I stumbled upon a picture of a Cobalt Blue Tarantula. It was so weird i just had to write about it.