Cheese and Krakens

Shelby the sea dragon couldn’t stand cheese. Everything about it displease her sharp sense of smell. She couldn’t‘ bare it when the other dragons ate it around her and she had to put up with the aroma.“ It’s just cheese.” Sirius the dragon her best friend said to her one day on a picnic on the beach while teasing her. “Would ya stop wigging out. The worse I‘ve ever gotten from it is bad gas and back acne.” “No,” the sea dragon said sharply. “I refuse to cease with wigging out! Let me tell you two things about sea creatures and dairy. You don’t put parmesan on seafood pasta and you don’t feed ocean animals any kind of cheese.”

Sirius shrugged at his pal oddness, but didn’t want to offend her on what her customs were. Bella the kraken was watching them feast from her den. “What’s that you vertebrates are eating?” She asked looking at the strange yellow food Sirius was munching on. “Cheese.” Sirius said with his mouth full of cheddar. Bella’s eyes widen at this new gourmet treat that had the odor of feet. “Can I have some?” She said with a bit of gluttony in her voice. “Sure ya can.” Sirius said always glad to share. Shelby was nervous at the thought of Sirius making Bella sick, but once she popped it into her mouth she seem to enjoy the tangy taste.

“This is sooooooo good!” The kraken squealed as her skin turned orange with delight. “I must have more!” Shelby frowned at Bella’s new found craving. “There’s no more.” Sirius said feeling bloat from all the cheddar he ate. “Boy, I’m gonna be regretting this in a couple of hours.” Bella began to wrap her tentacles around Sirius’ throat. “You’re lying! You have more! Give it to me or I’ll ring you skinny little goose neck!” Bella said tighten her grip. “What are you doing, nut!” Shelby said trying to yank the octopus’ arm from her companion. “Let go of him!”

“I must have more cheese!” Bella said hissing. “You boyfriend is going to give it to me!” Shelby blushed at this exclamation. “He’s not my boyfriend!” The kraken released her grip on Sirius once she realized that he was dry and crawled her way into the water. “I must her cheese!” She vowed and drifted away. “That can’t be good,” Shelby said about to chase after her. “She’s lost her mind.” “Girl, it’s no big thing to worry about,” Sirius said holding her back. “It’s a snail, without a shell. It’s slug, a ol’ big slug. What damage can a slug do?” Shelby sighed at Sirius idiocy of sea creatures, for Bella was way more than just some “snail without a shell.”

She was now cheese crazed and couldn’t get it off her mind. Crab, fish, and other things she would normally eat pale in comparison. Bella’s hunger for the yellow stuff became more ravenous. “Must have cheese!” She said ranting to herself. “Must have cheese!” The nutty kraken soon discover that where there was air breathing creatures there would be what she so desperately seek. She began to attack ships and snatch up surfers.

Shelby was gravely alarmed by this. “I told she’d snap!” Sirius didn’t really think much of it and tried to coaxed Shelby into calming. “Now, Shel, this one of those things that it would work itself out if you compress your emotions and just pretend like nothing is happening. Like I said before, it‘s a slug. Nobody ever gotten hurt by a slug.” However, as the days progress, Bella’s condition seem to be worsening. The fishermen were shaking with fear, Bella was too much ‘sushi’ for even them to handle. People were starving, fishing was their way of life.

“Something has to be done about that psycho cephalopod ! Bella’s obsession has gone to far!” the sea dragon said ready to put an end to Bella’s region. “Look, Shel, you do this every time!” Sirius said sick of her nagging. “You take a harmless incident and blow it out of proportions! I keep telling you it‘s slug and slugs never hurt any body! But seeing as you‘re being hard-headed, I‘m gonna have to show you.”

The dragon took his anxious chum to the lair of the vicious invertebrate who was on the cavern floor reeking of brie and appearing very demented. “See?” Sirius said indifferently. “I told you she’s alright.” “ This is not alright!” Shelby said checking to see if Bella was okay. “This is not alright at all!” Bella took her potent tentacles and gently touch Shelby’s face. “You’re not allow to have anymore cheese, slug.” Sirius said finally recognizing that Bella has a problem. “Okay,” Bella said picking herself off the ground. “Can I some cheese?” “What did I just say!” Sirius said, his voice thundering with annoyance. Bella blinked her mammoth sized eyeball and said, “Okay, I get more cheese.” She began to crawl out the entrance, but Sirius halted her. “Don’t be looking at me like with them big googly eyes!” He said before Bella swung him and Shelby out of the way.

She crept out of the den and into the harbor to crush every ships and cause even more mayhem. “Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh!” Shelby said having a mild panic attack. “It’s too late! It’s too late! She’s cuckoo for Cheddar! Bonkers for Brie! Manic for Mozzarella!” “Shelby,” Sirius said tapping her on the back. “Ya wigging again.” The aquatic reptile took a deep breathe and soothe her nerves a bit and yelled, “There’s a fifty foot octopus on the loose with a taste for a solid food product that’s made from spoiled milk and you have the daring to tell me to stop ‘wigging‘! I have not began to ‘wig’’!” Sirius splashed Shelby with some cold water. “Now that I’ve gotten your attention, I have an idea to make that crackpot kraken swear of stank stuff for good. But I need your help and more importantly, for you to mellow out and not go have a psychological break down on me!” he said handing her a towel. Shelby nodded her head as she dried her face and the two set to work on the plan.

Hours have passed as Bella chomped on what cheese she could find when a sweet scent made her mouth water. “Could it be?” She said following the odor by until she reached a giant fishbowl that was full to the brim with Swiss right near shore. “Swiss!” She said squealing. “I’m sucker for Swiss.” She climbed into the tank and began gorging on the tasty delicacy until there was not a crumb left. However, she had grown somewhat ’plump’ and had difficulties restoring the energy to squeeze her boneless body out. That’s when Sirius appear and took out a glass lid to sealed the fishbowl shut, imprisoning Bella. “What are we going to do with her?” Shelby asked giggling at their spineless foe. “Well, she’s going back to ocean of course,” Sirius said tabbing the glass to irk Bella. “Just as soon as she pays for all the damage she’s done.” “Pay?” the kraken whimpered. “I don’t have that kind of money.” “We know, slug,” Sirius wiggling his eyebrows at her and Shelby. “That’s why you’re gonna work off tap at Ocean Land marine park.”

“Nooo,” Bella blubbered as the two dragons carried her into town on a giant wagon. “Not Ocean Land! Anywhere but Ocean Land! I promise I‘ll never eat dairy again sometime until the next Wednesday!” “Yeah right,” Sirius said sadistically as they got closer to town. “There’s not enough cheese in the deep blue sea that could satisfy your ’whine.’

Kaelan N. said...
I believe this was a great topic to write about and very entertaining, but next time please pay attention to your grammar.

Megan.J.B said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 5:44 pm:

Cute! I thought it was really funny and a silly piece. :)

With this is mind, I would like to point out that even though it is a silly story I would fix up some of the grammar and spelling issues.

That is all though, good work. :)

mudpuppy replied...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 5:59 pm :
Thanks! :)

Wolfheart O. said...

XDDDDDD LOL its so random!

I see you are a fellow randomness lover!

mudpuppy replied...
Dec. 19, 2010 at 5:39 pm :
Yes, thank for your rating and comment! I don't know what I was thinking when wrote this, but I'm glad you like it!

Wolfheart replied...
Dec. 19, 2010 at 9:31 pm :
you're welcome )

mudpuppy replied...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 3:39 pm :
There's also a sequel that I have written. There's a sequel to Sirius and the Lovely Worm too. :)

mudpuppy replied...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 3:49 pm :
Oops, I hitted submit, before I had a chance to finishing. I was going to say that I was thinking of posting the sequel to this story on here seeing as it's so popluar.

Wolfheart replied...
Dec. 26, 2010 at 5:34 pm :
Great, I'll keep an eye out. <P

Fangstorm said...
I cried from laughter.

mudpuppy replied...
Dec. 19, 2010 at 5:37 pm :
Oh, my gosh, thank you for your wonderful comment! That made me smile when I read it! :)

farmerbrown said...
Sept. 21, 2010 at 8:59 am:
Great job, keep writing you have a gift for making people laugh!

mudpuppy replied...
Sept. 21, 2010 at 3:51 pm :
Thank you! It means alot that you took the time to read it!

BooBooBunny said...
This story is very different. You're very imaginative.

mudpuppy replied...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 2:03 pm :
Thank you. :)

Lachance said...
Haha, I love this. It's funny and entertaining. =D

mudpuppy replied...
Aug. 25, 2010 at 9:24 pm :
Thank you for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

mandapanda9736 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 13, 2010 at 7:24 am:
hahhaaha this is so cute! I love it!

mudpuppy replied...
Aug. 13, 2010 at 9:56 am :
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it!

monalisa1 said...
i gave this story a 5 this was the funniest an cutest story i have read in a long time. i am going to gave this to my children.:)