Special part VII | Teen Ink

Special part VII

May 9, 2010
By poisionWriter SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho
poisionWriter SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho
9 articles 0 photos 37 comments

Favorite Quote:
I think I love you.


After having about eight glasses of water I was able to answer their questions.
“What’s the last thing you remember?” Jane asked me. Her pad and pen poised to take notes. God this felt so much like a TV soap opera or something.
“I remember waking up in my apartment, then going to work,”
“What time did you wake up?”
“7, like normal, it was Monday the 3rd of May.”
“Where do you work?”
“Hold up, you’ve asked two questions already, I haven’t got a turn to ask questions. First question: Where am I?”
“In the LA hospital.”
“Okay, second question: how did I get here?”
“An ambulance.”
“That’s not what I meant.”
“Yeah, but you weren’t specific. My turn. Where do you work?”
“In LA,”
“Okay, would you like to elaborate?”
“No.”
“Okay, look here missy, I don’t have all day. I have other cases to run and I would love to just drop yours because we’re not getting anywhere here, so answer the questions I ask you.”
“I have been.”
“Do it without sarcasm.”
“Fine. I work at Mickey’s Pancake and Coffee House.”
“Next question-“
“Nope, it’s my turn again, you’ve asked two. What incident caused me to have to come to the hospital?”
“Someone found you unconscious on the side of the road.”
“How did I get there?”
“That’s what I’m trying to find out. Do you remember anything after going to work?”
“Not really. I went to work, ran my shift, and then headed home. Next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital room with doctors that wouldn’t answer my questions.”
A look flashed across her face, but before I could completely register it, it was gone.
“What?” I asked.
“Where that man found you, you weren’t anywhere near your home or your work.”
“Then where was I?”
Jane glanced at Venn who had been silently sitting in the corner the entire time. He nodded once.