Prologue

Prologue

Alek ran through the square at top speed. He dodged the people and bikes, darted between cars, and dashed down alleyways hoping he would lose her in the bustle of the crowd. Finally, out of breath he squeezed into a small hole in a door behind a few trashcans, breathing heavily and wishing she had lost sight of him. He heard her feet slapping against the pavement as she ran into the alley in which he had hid. He then heard silence as she stopped, inspecting the gloom before her, hunting for him.

“Alek,” She called. She sounded just as winded as he was, and livid. “I know you stole it. I want it back!” Alek held his breath, pleading with the gods that she would look past him. His heart was pounding so loudly that he was sure she would find him despite the gloom of the alley and the noises of New York.

“You know what you took from me. You know I will find you.” Her voice lowered, almost soft and calm, but he knew it was a mind trick; she was trying to get him to fear her enough to give himself up. He knew her well enough to know that was a bad idea.

Alek resolved to crawl deeper into what seemed to be an apartment building, abandoned obvious. He held in his sneezes for fear of her hearing, but this was difficult. The dust in the atmosphere was thick.
“Alek” her voice but a whisper now, “I will find you.” She was right outside the hole now. “You know, I know it, so if you would just come out of hiding. Save me the time and energy of having to look for you. It is all in your best interest.” Alek hated her. He felt a chill shoot down his spine as he heard her dragging her elongated nails against the brick of the wall outside the building.

“Alek, this is my last warning.” She intoned slowly. “You will give me what I want. If you don’t, you know you will suffer.” Alek now began to squirm. She knows where I am. She can see me. She will kill me. Oh, God do not let me die. Not to a witch like her.

“Boo."

_Elsy_ said...
Jul. 31, 2010 at 7:19 pm:

i loved it. you have a lot of talent. And if you're having trouble finding a title, what i do is try to find word that is a big part of the story.

btw-can you check out some of my stuff?

JeanGrey replied...
Aug. 12, 2010 at 4:10 pm :
Thanks, and sure :)

Supernova7 said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:46 am:
Hey jean I really need ur help please please please find me when you log on. Good job btw.

JeanGrey replied...
Aug. 12, 2010 at 4:11 pm :
I am afraid I have replied to late then...

Kiersten said...
May 25, 2010 at 10:25 pm:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! ... THAT was amazing!! you are an incredibley amazingly, awesomely good writer!! i can't believe this is the prologue.... GREAT JOB!!! i love it :)

JeanGrey replied...
May 27, 2010 at 1:13 am :
Haha thanks :)

Ceneteros2804 said...
Apr. 18, 2010 at 3:44 am:
This most certainly needs another part written.

JeanGrey replied...
Apr. 18, 2010 at 3:48 am :
lol working on it :) thanks for the encouragement, it means alot to me, you are an awesome writer :)

ultrabookworm replied...
Apr. 25, 2010 at 2:37 pm :
Definitely, Jean. This is the first time ever looked at your work, and you're really good. Post the first chapter!

ZAVERY said...
Oh wow, I just noticed the last thing you wrote was "Boo". Lol!

ZAVERY said...
Wow! I love this! Plz post the next part FAST.

JeanGrey replied...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 8:53 am :
lol okay ;) I will try. Thanks for the comments, they really motivate me to keep with this one story :)

Pensive?Gurl replied...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm :

next part! next part! next part!

>.<

JeanGrey replied...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 5:58 pm :
okay :) I will submit it soon :)

ZAVERY replied...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 5:58 pm :
Oh thank you!

all_boys_hate_me replied...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 6:03 pm :
This was really good T

SistineSnapple replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 2:34 pm :
This is really good - it something that i would read. Have you ever finished a novel???

JeanGrey replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 4:37 pm :
lol no, this is to be my first one hopefully :)

flyweel replied...
May 4, 2010 at 6:23 pm :
What's next???? Really good, can't wait. Also, I loved the descriptions. What does "boo" have to do with anything??

JeanGrey replied...
May 5, 2010 at 10:39 am :
*sigh* "Boo" means she found him. Duh lol and thanks for the critique. :)