Seductive

The water dripped and rolled down the water fountain. The droplet then rolled down and splashed on the back of my hand.

I adjusted my eyes to my surroundings, trying to make sense of it all. My eyes focused on the water fountain above me.

I was collapsed on the floor, in a hallway, right next to a water fountain. The windows showed no light outside which probably meant I had been here for a long time, long enough for the sun to set.

Now if I could just figure out how I ended up like this…

I weakly got up, swaying to the sides as I tried to balance myself.

Bad idea.

I lost my balance and tipped to the left. I waited to hit the cold, linoleum floor of the school in which I was trapped in.

But all I felt were cool hands constricted around my shoulders, they were the only things keeping me up at this point, so I didn’t question who my savior was.

“Are you alright?” The melodic voice asked, his voice rising in octaves with concern.

“Um…I’m not sure...” I answered, dumbfounded. I honestly didn’t remember how I ended up in this deserted hallway, with all my strength drained out of me.

I suddenly became light-headed and tipped over to the left.

He didn’t let go of me, he held on tightly.

“Maybe you should seat down,” He suggested as he helped me to the ground, his left hand lingered on my back as if I needed the support- I obviously did.

With his other hand he held my chin as he talked to me in his beautiful warm voice.

“Now, can you tell your name?” He asked.

It was then that I snapped out of my daze and focused on his face.

His face!

A million words couldn’t describe the perfection of his face. He was unbelievably beautiful.

His honey-golden eyes burned into mine with a fiery concern that I couldn’t explain. His bleach, blonde hair stuck out in tuffs, surrounding his pale, ashen face.

If it weren’t for the fact that I was sitting on the dirty floors of my highschool, then I would’ve never been able to differentiate whether or not I was in heaven sitting next to the most beautiful angel or if it was all a dream.

And even beyond the looks I remembered something about his face. He looked so familiar but I could swear I had never seen him before.

He cleared his throat to stop me from staring.

“Your name,” He stated again.

“Claire,” I whispered, my eyes were stuck on his like a powerful magnet.

“Hello, Claire. My name is Steven,” He flashed me his luminous teeth and they sparkled in the dim light. I couldn’t help but to smile back, taking into account my situation.

“So,” He started, “Do you remember anything before you collapsed?”

“Not really…” I was finally able to break away from his inquisitive stare, and looked down to rummage through what was left of my memories.
“I remembered that I had to stay after school to finish up some homework…I remembered a dark figure hovering above me…Taunting me…He dared me to come closer…” I whispered quietly, trying to recount what had happened.

“Go on,” Steven urged, his voice melted my insides, making it hard for me to concentrate. His cool, sweet breath tickled my lips- I bit down hard as I tried my hardest not to lean in and feel the coolness of his lips on mine…

Ugh. Focus!

“But when I refused,” I continued, breaking away from my incredulous fantasies. “He came closer…I backed up and turned to run…”

My head began to ache as I tried to bring up the painful memories that clogged my brain, keeping me from being able to think clearly.

“And then,” Steven encouraged. Again his breath tickled my lips, but then this time it embraced my tongue, I could taste sweet melon and fresh strawberries. I inhaled as much of it.

Focus! Focus!

The corner of his mouth twitched in response, as if he was enjoying the effect he had on me.

“So…I began to run…” I continued quietly, “But then…”

I didn’t say the following words out loud for they truly terrified me.

As I ran in my memories, the dark figure caught up. And it wasn’t long before I tripped and he fell onto me.

I tried my best to fight him off, I was unsuccessful.

Something was off though…I couldn’t remember his face...

All I remembered was a pair of eyes that stared into mine before I blacked out, and ended up where I was now.

A pair of dark eyes.

A pair of…Honey-golden eyes!

I gasped as I came back to the present.

“YOU!” I accused Steven, my finger stabbed in his direction.

He smiled a violent, malicious smirk, his pupils were diluted with a deep black color, “Why it is so nice to see you again, Claire,” He laughed in my face.

I struggled in his arms to get free, knowing that I was not going to escape this fate.

Steven held me tighter, my arms bruising under his touch.

“Oh how very hungry I am, Claire,” He snarled the words in my ear.

“Get off me!” I screeched.

I tried to push him off of me with all my strength, but he didn’t budge. All it did was probably fracture my wrist because he was literally rock hard.

“Just give up, Claire. You can’t escape,” With those final words he leaned down, almost to caress me with his lips, and once again I was hypnotized by his eyes.

Well atleast I can die without pain.

Think again.

As soon as his mouth was at my throat, a blood-curdling scream escaped my lips, jagged knives pierced through my thin skin. I felt the blood drain from me almost immediately.

I screamed so hard my eardrums ached, it was finally cut off when Steven sucked in the last few drops.

Blackout.

JayRhys said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 10:36 am
That was really good, i loved it. I thought i was reading a book for a moment and totally got lost into it. You truly have some talent, please post the nex chapter soon.

Sara! said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:44 am
Wow! If I saw this in a bookstore, I would DEFINITELY buy it!!! Great job, keep on writing!~Sara

Natie replied...
Thank you :) I appreciate the fact that you enjoyed it. I am hoping to read some of your work soon ? But it seems you havent posted anything up yet, so im hoping that you will. I'll be the first to read them :)
-Natie

Sara! replied...
Feb. 3, 2010 at 7:16 am
I posted some yesterday, so I'm not sure how long it will take for the editors to read and approve.

Pensivegurl said...
My bad the earlier comment was a bit random and a little off. Okay! I submitted a couple stories yesterday, but they haven't been approved yet. And maybe another (vampire, right?) can come and save her. Or maybe Claire has a sister, and her sister meets with the one that killed her. She could fall in love with him, or they could be enemies. >.<

Natie replied...
Well i can't wait to read them:)! OH those are good suggestions, i'll keep them in mind :) i'tll be a surprise when im done writing the next chap. or whatever aha :)

Pensivegurl said...
Whoa! Is that the end?

Natie replied...
No is not. Why? Does it need to stop here? Or do i keep going with it?

Natie replied...
Oh and btw, i like wrote this so quick i never really had the time to think it through so i know i need to tweek it a bit to make it better...So sorry if it doesn't meet your standards :)
-Natie

Pensivegurl replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 8:27 am
No it's really good! I meant is there more? >.<

Natie replied...
well thank you :) but like i said, i didn't quite think it through when i wrote it, so ill prolly have to put together a story line later when i have the time, bcuz i dnt really know what to do with this character(any suggestions?) and yeah thanks again for the comment :) oh i read your piece "Privacy..." it was really good, and i agree on your subject :) continue to write more 'kay?
-Natie

Pensivegurl replied...
Definitely continue the story!!! >.<