Dangerous Dreams/ Chapter 1 How it Happened | Teen Ink

Dangerous Dreams/ Chapter 1 How it Happened

September 11, 2009
By Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York
Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York
109 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
She can because she thinks she can.


Everyone already left from Jenn’s Sweet 16 that night except for me. I stayed a little later to help clean up. (That was my first mistake). We easily lost track of time as we kept gabbing away. By the time we were done Jenn’s mom was sprawled out on the couch in a deep slumber. I had to get home so the babysitter could leave, and with Jenn’s dad still at work I had no choice but to walk home.

“Please don’t go Abbey, I’ll be all alone and it’s much too dark to go anywhere.” Jenn paused then said, “Besides who knows what’s out there! I don’t even want to think of what would happen to you!”

Jenn was practically on her knees, but I had to go and no one was home to drive.

“I’m sorry, I have no choice, I need to get home, and it’s not fair to Melissa anyway. Knowing my brother he probably has her tide up in a closet somewhere.” we both laughed as I turned to leave, “I’ll see you tomorrow; oh, and Happy Birthday Jenn!”

It was cold, dark, and damp outside the morning due seemed to be setting in. All I wanted to do was curl up in my warm safe bed and let my music lull me to sleep. Therefore, I decided to take the quickest route through the woods.

It did not seem to be such a big deal. I have been through the woods so many times during the day that I know it by heart. It was darker now no big deal. It was very nice, until 1:11. Leaves brushed against my cheeks as the wind picked up. Glowing pair of eyes burning into my back as they stared like an owl. I turned back to look again as they disappeared consumed into the darkness. A deep breathing and padding of feet. Something was circling around me. My head twisted and my body spun as I attempted to follow its movement. Suddenly it stopped.

As I turned to continue walking, something emerged from the bushes at full force. I came to the ground with a resounding thud. I screamed for my life as I felt it ripping at my body, tearing my flesh. I kicked as I tried to fight back; I thought I was going to die! As I struggled, I spied a tree branch out of the corner of my eye. I stretched my arm out, wrenched the branch into its ribs, and flung the attacker away. I flipped over from my back and attempted to crawl into a sprint, as I flew off my knees onto my feet I was smacked down once again.

A throbbing pain came upon my head; another attempt to run would be pointless realizing at that point I was paralyzed with fear. My mind screamed, “Run!” but my body gave no response. An icy thrill of death crept up my back. Piercing pains of a sword was thrust into my breast and driven straight through to my back. That feeling was a familiar pain but more intense then common anxiety attacks, the pain grasped my lungs engulfing my breath. Spinning scenery was enclosed with darkness as my sight deserted me. My mind was forced to follow my body blacking out from the world. Heavy wild breathing grew closer coming in for the kill; this is the end, “Father please forgive me for I have sinned. Dissolve my sins if I am deemed worthy and allow my spirit to be pure and enter your sanctuary.”


The author's comments:
Finally! Here it is the First Chapter to my book. Sorry that it took so long. Again for those of you who read this PLEASE let me know what you think. Thank you to all who read the Prologue and commented it was a great help. I really Hope you all like it! <3