The Three Emotions | Teen Ink

The Three Emotions

August 23, 2009
By Luke Kingsbury BRONZE, Keewatin, Minnesota
Luke Kingsbury BRONZE, Keewatin, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Once upon a time, there were three emotions, Hate, Jealousy, and Love. These three lived outside a popular city, and their houses were only feet apart. Hate’s house was crudely made from dead tree and hay, but it was large. Jealousy was jealous of the house, so he made it the same way, just to be as good as his brother, but Love made her home from clay and brick, and it was small. Hate hated it, and Jealousy was jealous of its perfection. Every time Love went to see her brothers, the wouldn’t let her in. One day, it was very hot outside, and some little kids ran by Hate’s house with sparklers. Hate went outside, and screamed and yelled at the poor kids. The kids were so scared, they tossed up the sparklers, and Hate’s house started on fire. Hate yelled and screamed, and he tried to get help, but no one liked him, so he ran out to Jealousy’s house. Jealousy let him in, and was jealous of all the attention Hate’s smoldering house was getting, so he lit his house aflame, and then realized what he had done. The two couldn’t get out, and so they called for Love. They screamed and yelled until Love came outside. She saw what was happening, and helped the two out of the house. Love lived happily ever after, but no one knows about Hate or Jealousy. If it wasn’t for Love’s compassion, there would be no Hate or Jealousy in the world.


The author's comments:
This is very specoal to me, because my friend helped me write it. She is the freatest thing to ever happen to me. Thank you, Sophie!