The Shooting Star | Teen Ink

The Shooting Star

By lilmissravenclaw SILVER, Warrenton, Virginia
lilmissravenclaw SILVER, Warrenton, Virginia

Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas. -Marie Curie

"Leniana!" My little sister called with glee as I sat under our red fruit tree and ate the lucious fruit without bothering to make sure there was nothing on my blue dress. "Look what mother gave me!" My sister jumped up and down joyfully and revealed the silver object that was hidden in her small hands. "What is it?" I gasped. It was soft and light and a beautiful color white. My sister laughed at my reaction to the beautiful thing."It's a CLOUD silly! Mother gave it to me because she has just learned how to use her powers to get things out of the sky! But don't worry, she has gotten something for you too!" And with that she frolicked away. The only thing my litte sister Martia and I shared was our soft blue eyes. She was giddy and friendly, and I liked to seclude my self and be alone. Mqrtia also had beautiful brown hair, and I had normal golden blonde hair like aeveryone else in my mother's kingdom. I was often mistaken for the servants in our castle. I got up from underneath the tree and rushed into our magnificent castle looking for my mother. I found her in the library with a box with my name on it. "Leniana," my mother said softly. "Please open your gift." I nodded and gasped when a light blinded me just as I opened it. I looked alarmingly at my mother as she nodded and said comfortingly "It won't hurt a flea. Just take it out of the box. I timidly put my hands in and closed them over the beautiful thing. I pulled it out and was suprised to find a shooting star in my hand. I giggled as it flew around my head like a actual living person and fell right back into my head. i looked at my mother who was smiling. "I thought you would like it. It makes great company for people who like being alone." She said knowingly. I looked at her gratefully as I stoked my very own star. "Thank you mother. it means much to me. I will make up for it's beauty as best as I can." And after kissing her cheek I went out into her favorite place, the courtyard to plan the most beautiful suprise. And after staying up all night working on my project, I took a nap on the bench, knowing that when my mother came out her for her daily stroll, she whould see a world she wished she could understand and learn about: my own. I may not be like other people, but seeing in a different perspective than other people is the best gift of all. That is, besides my shooting star.

on Feb. 1 2010 at 8:26 am

Thanks so much!

Lostinbooks said...
on Sep. 5 2009 at 12:18 am
Lostinbooks, Arcadia, California
Yep. It would definitely make a nice novel...something a bit different. A girl with a star...

Zero_K DIAMOND said...
on Jul. 24 2009 at 11:53 am
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

This is really good. You might even be able to stretch this into a novel. I liked that it was short and sweet. (Seriously what is with all these uber long stories some people are putting on here.) Good job! <(o.0)> ZERO