Sooner is better than later | Teen Ink

Sooner is better than later

By cheywan♥♥ DIAMOND, Fritch, Texas
cheywan♥♥ DIAMOND, Fritch, Texas

walking forward is an neverending challenge!! ):

I was lying on the ground. I had never let another vampire get this close to me, and now i still wasn't letting him. I was being forced.

His mind was latched to mine. Every memory he had reached so far in the depths of my thoughts was used as a weapon against me. What else could I do?

I knew what I was doing as I said the words, but I just didn't have any other choice. I would not live as a slave of a monster. So the only other thing I could do was call my protector.

"Illius!" I yelled. Knowing that after he came I would lose my power. Knowing that after I was saved I would have to earn back my right to read minds. But still, what else could I do?

Illius came and called Fletcher off of me. Fletcher, being not much stronger than me, which means a whole lot weaker than Illius, glared at him and just took off in no particular direction.

"You know the consiquences of what you have done, Astrid."Illi us said in his powerful voice.

I nodded. My heart sinking into the whole that my empty stomach was. I was so thirsty.

I had caught Fletcher feeding. I thought since I could read minds and he wasn't much stronger than me, I would be able to overpower him. I thought wrong.

Illius was gone and I seriously needed to feed. I still had not been a vampire for more than a year now so I needed to feed at least once a day maybe even more sometimes.

I stood up and went on my way. Not wanting to face the world out there, but knowing that sooner was better than later.