Three Hidden Angels | Teen Ink

Three Hidden Angels

By Lauren Messenger PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Lauren Messenger PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin

They are the only ones I can call on. I am the only one they can call on. Three hidden angels with authentic smiles and gentle hearts like mine. Three who belong beside me. Three cheering voices stuck in my head. I can always feel them even when my eyes doubt that they are there.
Their guidance is a light. They send messages and prayers I can only interpret. They soar upwards and descend down and seize the earth with a strong grip that holds tight till forever while they never stop reaching for the sky. This is how they are present.
Let me forget my reason for being, they’d all plunge down to meet me and grasp my arms and fly me up to heaven once again. Fly, fly, fly they whisper as I continue ascending. They glow.
When I am too aged and too tired to keep flying, when I am almost near the end of my lengthy flight and reaching towards peace, it is them that float beside me. When there is nothing left for me to discover and the learning is complete. Three who flew with me despite my urge to be stubborn and quit. Three who rise and don’t forget to help me rise up with them. Three whose only reason is to strive for the sky, carrying me along for the ride.