adventure of adventuring | Teen Ink

adventure of adventuring

Quest on the islands of stupidness!

One day, on the continent of Yupeoqox in the kingdom of Ouvissougon, the king decided to destroy all magic. He did this because bad. People do not know he is evil. So groups of adventures dispersed across the land to collect magic objects to fight him. We will follow the group lead by Tanner, the dark mage. All the groups are meeting up and talking to each other, trading supplies, and buying items to help on their adventures at crowfield. Right now tanner is buying some coffee with the bard.

“One coffee please!” tater sang. Tater is a bard and not the main character. 

“Me to!” said tanner. Tanner is a dark mage and is the main character.  As tanner and tater walked off with their coffee. They bumped into angelica who is in their team and tanner has a crush on.

“H-hello angelica” tanner said nervously. 

Angelica replied saying, “Funny meeting you here I was just about to go to the weapons, armors, instruments, and magic item shop, that is a long name.”

“We’ll come along to” Tanner stated.

So the three of them went over to the store and on there way they meet up with their two more of their teammates daron the summoner, and bob, the all knowing corgi. 

“Hello friends, where are you going?” Daron said.

“Where heading to the item shop” Tater sung

“Why do you always sing things instead of saying them” Tanner mutterd.

So they finally got to the shop and met faron. Quick fact Daron and Faron are currently dating. Daron and Faron both ran to each other and started kissing. 

“Hey! No kissing in my shop” the shopkeeper screamed. They both stopped and everyone bought some items. As they were walking they bumped into some people but they did not know the people was going to get a magic artifact start talking to each other.

“Hello people.” sang Tater.

“Oy what are you doing” replied Solstice.

“We are going on an adventure” he sang.

“Us to,” said Solstice.

Are heroes continued and got to the docks, were they Got on a ship and sailed to islands of stupidness. They went to the local tavern to see what quests they could do. They heard the legend of the ghost ship so they sailed off to steal it. They boarded the ghost ship and then they had tater started singing so loudly that all ghosts disappeared with hands clamped over there ears in pain. 

So they took the ship and sailed back to the mainland island. The townsfolk were relieved that the ghost ship would not bother them any more so they gave them tons of gifts and told them how to get to the silver gauntlets. First, they had to go to the drowned tower to get the key to the citadel of sadness to get the key to the tower of fate to get magic microwave to cook the silver chicken to get the key to the keep of the silver gauntlets. Also the magic microwave can make a person go anywhere that they’ve been before. So they sailed in the stolen ghost ship to the drowned tower. When they got there they walked through the entrance and were ambushed by a horde of goblins that began to attack them. They quickly attacked the goblins and destroyed them all. 

“Well that was surprisingly easy” Tanner stated. As they continued through the drowned tower, they found lots of loot, things like, swords, armor, spells and tons of gold! They finally met some more enemies, in the form of some scary skeletons! They all pulled out their weapons and began to fight the creatures and taater started trying to make friends with one of the skeletons. 

“Hey, will you be my friend?” Tater sang. The skeleton noded

“Yay” Tater sang. So the skeleton and Tater sat down and played chess while everyone fought. The team was very beat up but they barely managed to beat the monsters they did find a potion. So Faron decided to drink it but as she finished drinking it the bottle came alive and bit her. Surprise, it was a bottle mimic so she just stomped on it and broke it to pieces in here rage and set the entire room on fire. As they quickly got out of there Tater still had his skeleton friend, who he called Steve the adventurer. As they finally got to the top they found the guardian of the key to the citadel of sadness. Suddenly Steve the adventurer started to glow and began to float in the air. But the guardian who was a giant skeleton just slapped him and then steve the adventurer crumbled to dust. They continued to fight the guardian as Tater sang angrily at it  eventually after an hour of fighting the skeleton died again. It was not an eventful battle but it was a challenge. So they sailed to the citadel of sadness. When they got there everyone except Tater started to feel sad. So Tater started to sing and everyone stopped sad. It seems tater could not be sad and music damaged the spell so that stopped the spell that the spell from working. So Tater continued singing so his allies would keep fighting and moving. As they enter they were attacked by a golem. Tater started attacking some rocks because he thought it was the source of the creature. It was not, but Tater was convinced that it was. So the group fought the creature and tater continued to kick the rock’s when suddenly one of the walls came to life because it was actually a mimic. But it could not move because it was still a wall and walls, cannot move because they do not have limbs. This is a fact proven by science. So everyone including the golem looked at it dumbfounded. They then killed the wall mimic and the golem as they continued on they fought many monsters including more mimics when they finally got to the end of the citadel they were thrown out because surprise, it was actually a citadel mimic. It suddenly grew legs as are group scrambled to the ghost ship and it suddenly it started to fly, the ghost ship, not the mimic, so they engaged it and began to fire the cannon balls at it (insert epic pirate music here). They continued to fight it as it began to shoot fireballs at them. 

“Were hit, were hit!” Tanner screamed! The boat had indeed been hit. After what seemed like ages they finally defeated the mimic and got the key. As they went off to the tower of fate they were attacked by two red dragons and one seadragon. As they fought them off they realized the ghost pirates had returned without there captain and made Tanner the new captain. Then one of dragons landed on the ship and began to attack the ship as the team and the pirates attacked the dragon the other one landed and the sea dragon left. They defeated the two dragons and tossed their bodies into the ocean. As they got to the tower of fate everyone became nervous.

Then Bob stated “there is a dark presence here, and I do not like it”

“Me to” Daron stated

“Me three” Faron replied. All of them still freaked out headed into the tower of fate were they were welcomed by a fancy skeleton.

“Hello travelers, welcome to the tower of fate. I am skeleborn and I will bring you through this great tower. Skeleborn stated as if it were obvious that the other to dungeons were not preparing them for a fight.

“Look were just here to get the magic microwave and the silver chicken.” Tanner yelled in frustration over the events that were taking place. But before they could get all those things they decided to rest here as it turned out the tower of fate was a five star hotel with a giant pool and armor, food, magic, and weapons shops everywhere as they relaxed and did things and had a good time relaxing. After that it was back on task.

They went to were they were instructed to and when they got there seeing a door with one  message written on it, “Any who desire to enter must have no secrets between their group so they must all share their deepest secrets to pass”

As everybody took turns revealing their deepest secrets Tanner was nervous, he was the second one up.

He nervously told his secret “Angelica, I have always loved you!”

Then Angelica sheepishly said. “I also have always loved you.” as they both hugged each other and kissed. Everybody looked at them as Bob continued. After everyone revealed their deepest everyone was shocked by what they learned like how Tater was cursed to sing everything he said. As they opened the doors they saw both items. turns out the silver chicken is just a key that looks like a chicken as they exited they met the dragon of fate the owner of the tower fate. He thanked them for staying and taking the key and the microwave. So they sailed to the keep of the silver gauntlets in silence because they were tired of talking for right now. When they opened the door they got pulled in as the door closed behind them, suddenly stone statues, around the room started to morph into copies of the heroes and attacked. First the stone tater with a burning red light in it’s eye challenged tater to a sing off. So they both began singing creating a swirling vortex in the center of the room from the powerful singing. The stone tater began to shake and exploded in a magical blast. The singing had been so powerful that the stone could not take it. The rest of the statue clones attack each one being destroyed. Then they walked through a door and saw a dragon skeleton holding the silver gauntlets then everything began to collapse in an epic fashion with chunks of stone falling down as angelica grabbed the silver gauntlets but the floor collapsed and she started to fall. She could only cast one more spell and she only knew one transportation spell and know one else knew any. The spell could teleport one person or object without them being able to have anything else on them. She was about to use it on herself when she realized if she did so the silver gauntlets would be destroyed. So she used the spell on the gauntlets (They were both bound through magic and would teleport together) and said her final words 

“I will always love you, Tanner” 

As Tanner cried as he picked up the silver gauntlets and put them on. 

“No!” he cried into the air, stricken with grief over the death of Angelica. He exited and on the ship Tater began to comfort him and began to sing a somber song about there adventure.

“We went through troubled waters, fought monsters of great strength, and now we have lost are friend, Angelica. Here death was a sacrifice for a greater cause.” all of the others, including the ghost joined in. “Are tale is one of great valor but now we mourn are dead. As now we head to the final battle against a great evil and now we must remember we have already gone this far!” Tater concluded his song as a new ghost appeared, the ghost of Angelica and said one thing that inspired them to continue and stop mourning

“Remember the quest we are on, you must finish it, no matter what.” As here spirit departed the whole group stood back up and using the magic of compass island and the magic microwave they magicly traveled back to were all the teams decided to meet up. As they waited in the giant ghost pirate ship they talked among themselves  about their adventure and there lives before it. But what they said was boring so let's skip it.  

Then they were attacked by some assassins and fought them off and tater learned he could redirect magic with his songs.

When every other groups got there they began to talk, drink coffee, and discuss their adventures tanner and the other main characters from the other stories headed outside and were ambushed by assassins and then the king who was riding a toaster dragon. Everyone else was just sitting back at the coffee shop hearing the battle but decided to stay inside. As everybody in the battle fought for their lives as mountains exploded, tornadoes formed, and the earth was scorched.  

As the toaster dragon was destroyed the king got out of the remains and began to transform into a giant monster, but they quickly put together all of the magic items and formed the ultimate toaster and trapped the king with it. After the defeated the evil king, they celebrated for awhile having the greatest party of all time. And tanner he was able to talk to the spirit of angelica one last time with the help of tater because he also had the ability to sing a song that can allow a person to speak with the ghost of someone who died. 

Tater began the song with its opening lines,” Spirts hear these cries, reunite the dearly departed, bring forth the spirit of angelica. Tanner needs to speak with her, as their hearts are entwined” as Angelica’s spirit appeared, Tanner began to talk with her.

“Did we win” she asked.

“Yes, yes we did.” Tanner replied.

“Great, you remembered my last wish, but then why summon me from the spirit world?”

“I just wanted to say thank you for all that you did to help us before and during the journey and I will never forget you.” Tanner wanted this to last forever, but the song was about to end and she would not be able to be summoned again due to the power of the song. 

But before she disappeared again she said one final thing

“You will have to move on and remember one thing, to live your life and to not get caught up in the past.”

Then Tater finish the song with its final line “spirits here my cries, it is time to say goodbye”

As Angelica's spirit disappeared, Tanner got up and walked away and was happy finally resolving his final conflict