The Stopwatch | Teen Ink

The Stopwatch

By Zany_Zach_24 BRONZE, Lebanon, Ohio
Zany_Zach_24 BRONZE, Lebanon, Ohio

"Its impossible to through life without causing any sort of pain, I just wished I coulda caused a little less" Lee Everett (The Walking Dead Telltale Series)

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *Click*

“Ugh another day of school” I exclaim, I climb out of bed and get ready for school. I throw on some clothes and eat breakfast.

“What you eating?” my sister asks

“Cheerios” I answer, I stand up grab my bag and go to school the bus ride was boring the storm was even more boring and life was just boring. I get into gym class and sit in my spot.

“Alright everyone today we’ll be playing dodgeball with a twist if you get out and have a ball when you throw it and hit someone it cancels out you being out!” the coach explains, everyone gets split up into different teams and sits on the opposite sides of the gym the teacher blows the whistle and everyone sprints towards the middle to get the dodgeballs, only 2 people get any and start throwing as hard as they can! And someone gets wiped out…

“OW” he screams

“Omg i'm so sorry!” she says

It didn't end well because his nose is pouring blood! The gym teacher runs over and grabs him and takes him to the nurse while we’re left in the gym. My buddy John walks over.

“Yo Pax, i hope thank god that wasn’t you”

“Yeah I know right man i'm gonna head out” I walk out in the hall and go to my locker and grab my next bell supplies. I hear the bell ring and go into the class and my teacher is very confused.

“I told you about leaving bells early Pax!”

“I know but it's really boring and besides the teacher left at the beginning of the bell because some kid got hit in the face by a ball and started crying!”

“Ok pax take a seat” I sit down and the rest of the class starts pouring in. I finish the rest of the day of school and get on the bus. I ride home and the kid that got a bloody nose sits next to me!

“Yo i didn't know you rode my bus!” I tell him

“Yeah i didn't want you to know, but things aren't the best always i'm only sitting here because the bus driver wants to make sure I'm fine.”

“Ok” I get off the bus 5 minutes later and go to my room. I go to turn on my game but I see something shine in the corner of my eye. It's in my backyard! I walk down the stairs and go into my yard to see what it is. 

“A stopwatch?” I question, I pick up and look at it, it has a dial i spin it back to set the time to 5:30 am.

“Ugh another day of school” I exclaim...

this piece was written by me and it was written out of boredom it is very unfinished but i wanted to give you guys a look at its beginning stages!