A trip back to Oz | Teen Ink

A trip back to Oz

“Oh Aunt Em, how come nobody believes me! I truly visited the Land of Oz, I'm sure of it!” Dorothy complained as she watched Aunt Em do her knitting.

Aunt Em replied, “ Because my sweet Dorothy, it simply sounds absurd!”

“Oh but it’s true,” Dorothy persisted, “it’s really true!”

“I’m sorry dear but I don’t have time for this I have chores around the farm to do, and so do you so hop to it” Aunt Em said finally.

Dorothy pouted at this response, seeing that her efforts to convince someone of her trip to Oz have failed once again. Although Dorothy was disappointed, she headed off to complete her chores on the farm, Toto fallowing at her feet. Her list of chores was short today, first off was feeding the pigs then water the flowers, take out the trash, and fetch the mail then wash up for supper. Dorothy hurried through her chores and was almost done when she went to check the mail and found a curious letter awaiting her.

Startled upon the strange appearance if this letter she cautiously reached out a hand to retrieve the pink glitter coated shining letter. As she turned the letter over in her hand, she was shocked to see that it was addressed to her but with no notion from who. After a long few moments of thought, Dorothy came the the conclusion she’d better consult Aunt Em before she opened the letter. So with the letter tightly grasped in her hand, she ran to the farm house show Aunt Em and the others of this mysterious letter. As soon as she had reached the farm house she ran inside to show everyone but there was no one there to greet her. Finding this rather strange because it was so close to supper time, she went out looking for everyone and eventually found Aunt Em out milking the cows.

“Aunt Em where is everyone?” she asked.

“Their in the fields harvesting corn, like you should be,” stated Aunt Em fermly, “why are you here?”   Dorothy had completely forgotten that today was corn harvest! Never mind that she needed to tell Aunt Em about this strange letter immediately!

“I’m sorry Aunt Em, I just forgot, but I have something much more important” Dorothy blurted.

“What is it dear,” Aunt Em sounded truly annoyed, “ what is so important right now” she finished still annoyed.

“Well I’d better show you” Dorothy said as she pulled out a shiny pink glittery letter to show her aunt that it was addressed to her. Aunt Em starred in disbelief at the letter, for glitter was a very rare thing in kansas only the rich folk had access to it and even then there wasn’t a whole lot.

“Should I open it?” Dorothy said interrupting the silence.

“I think you’d better” Aunt Em replied.

Dorothy had never been big on surprises so when she opened this letter she was in for a bit of a sacre. Holding the letter carefully in her hands, she tore the top open and little woodland fairies came out singing a song inviting Dorothy and her family to come visit Emerald City in The Land of Oz. Aunt Em and Dorothy were in shock they couldn't believe their eyes.

“Oh my, Dorothy you weren't joking!” Aunt Em exclaimed.

“What should we do?” pondered Dorothy.

“Well I think we better get Uncle Henry and pack our bags because we're taking a trip to Oz!” Aunt Em replied sounding utterly delighted. The woodland fairies told the two that they would transport them to the Land of Oz and just whistle three times when they were ready. Because of this news, the two girls cheerfully rushed to tell Uncle Henry the news. Within an hour or so they were all ready to go, Dorothy whistled three times just as the fairies had instructed, and the the three were off to The Land of Oz.

Shortly after the whistle the three fairies came and without any words magically put a pink glowing bubble around the family. The bubble lifted them up off the ground and before they could blink they had landed right in the center of Emerald City. The whole family was in shock, they had never seen a place with so many colors and wonderful things.

“Oh my, I...I...I’m just speechless," said Aunt Em in complete awe.

“I know isn’t it wonderful” replied Dorothy, the whole time Uncle Henry just stared and Dorothy could tell he was amazed. Just then, a stream of munchkins walked in, all following the mayor. They were singing a greeting song just as they had to Dorothy on her previous visit.

“AAAAAAAAAAA,” shrieked Aunt Em, “who are those tiny people!”

“Not to be worried,” replied Dorothy very camly, “their only the munchkins, we’re friends”

Although Aunt Em still seemed very shocked, she was able calmed down a little, all the while Uncle Henry was quiet in disbelief. Dorothy stopped one of the tiny men and asked if they might get a room for her family to stay while they were visiting.

“Why of course,” he replied, “right this way” he finished waving his hand for the to fallow.  

Within a few moments the munchkin had led them to one of the fanciest rooms in the Emerald Castle, with full time room service! The family was in complete astonishment, they had never seen anything so glamorous before. This was truly the nicest place they had ever been to in their whole lives. Everyone was so ecstatic they were almost jumping out of their own shoes. Although everyone was so excited, they collectively decided to unpack and settle down for the night. After only a few hours the family had settled into the magnificent room, and was ready for some rest so they could enjoy the exciting day to come. Dorothy was the happiest girl alive. Her family would finally believe her when she spoke of her trip to Oz.

After tiresome days of trying to get every one to beleive her trip to Oz she is finally gets the chance to show them.

on Apr. 16 2019 at 5:19 pm
starfeather PLATINUM, Olathe, Kansas

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA- to the stars, through difficulties.

I think this would go better in the Fan-Fiction section of the site. :)