Double Date | Teen Ink

Double Date

By mecanzie BRONZE, Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
mecanzie BRONZE, Honey Brook, Pennsylvania

It was suppose to be a normal Friday night like every other one. Jessica and I rent movies and stay up late talking about whatever comes to mind, but tonight was different. She texted me at three o'clock saying that she set up a double date for us to go on. I tried to get out of it, I didn't even know this guy I was suppose to be going on a date with!

However, this was Jessica. She would drag me out of the house if she had too. So here I was, standing in front of a Italian restaurant with my best friend waiting for our dates to show up. "Don't look so nervous! He's a great guy, you'll love him!" Jessica kept going off about the guy, that was going to 'sweep me off my feet' when I saw him.

About five minutes later two tall men walked up and greeted us. Jessica grinned, holding the one male's hand, and I wasn't going to lie he was actually really handsome. He introduced himself as Kyle and his friend (who I was guessing was suppose to be my date) as Michael. I quietly introduced my self and we all went in the restaurant. After getting sat I sat next to Michael, while Jessica and Kyle sat next to each other. It felt a little awkward. Kyle and I kept stealing glances at each other while Jessica was more interested in whatever Michael was going on about.

"I have to go to the ladies room real fast, Ashley come with me?" I nodded, telling the boys we would be right back. We stepped into the women's restroom and Jessica let out a sigh. "Ashley, I know Michael was suppose to be your date, but Kyle and I aren't really sparking do you think we would like switch dates?"

"I thought you were never going to ask." I laughed. "Come on, lets not keep them waiting."