Broken Hearts | Teen Ink

Broken Hearts

By Allybear_99 BRONZE, Edinburgh, Other
Allybear_99 BRONZE, Edinburgh, Other

The future is contantly changing, in the largest of ways, by the smallest of things .

Anastasia had never felt like this about anyone. She sat there on her bed, thinking about what she had just done. Not only had she ruined her own life because she could not keep her feelings in check, but she messed with two other people's lives as well.

Andy had come out of the blue, swooped into Anastasia's life like he had been there all along. They had only known each other for two months but no one, not even themselves, could deny the chemistry between them. Anastasia had never met anyone like Andy, it's like he knew what she was thinking before she said it and she too knew Andy better than he could ever know. When Anastasia was with Andy, it's like the whole world around them disappeared, and that feeling, that surreal effect of his presence terrified her more than anything. From the day they met, Anastasia knew this boy would turn her world upside down. Or was it upright? She didn't really know, but she knew he would be a big problem or the solution.

Turns out he was a big problem. It was all going fine, until a few days ago when their feelings   overwhelmed them and neither of them could hide it from the other. The ironic thing is, they both already knew how the other felt, they were just scared to admit it to themselves. Anastasia knew Andy was different from the second time she met him when he opened his mouth to sing. He never liked his voice, but to her, there was nothing that compared. To her that was the moment she knew he was one of the most genuine people she had ever met. Most of all she loved how he made her want to sing along with him right there and then. That was the moment she was falling in love. She had locked up her heart for so long and built her walls so high, she never thought her defenses would crumble over night. But it did, her heart sang every time he was near and her walls fell right down. But neither of them dared to say a word, despite knowing deep down how they felt themselves and how the other did as well. The reason for that was there was a complication, Andy had a girlfriend.

Andy had the worst part to play in this triangle, he had to make a choice. After that one night that ruined everything, Andy was in for one of the hardest decisions he has been faced with yet. Non of this would have happened if Anastasia had kept her mouth shut and left Andy alone. Anastasia didn't only mess with her friendship to Andy, she also ruined his relationship with his girlfriend. And that was killing her. She would have been fine with being heartbroken, but her heart was not the only one that broke from her mistake.  And she had no one to blame but herself. 

It all turned to hell when Andy and Anastasia had been lying in this very bed Anastasia sat in right now. They had been talking about life, their friendship and eventually how they truly felt about each other. It had been such a relief at the time, to finally get it all out in the open and even though they both knew, they wanted the other to say it aloud. Everything in that moment was perfect, except for one thing, they both felt the guilt. But the problem wasn't the guilt they felt, the problem was they hated that the guilt was so small. Here they were, holding hands, sitting so close their foreheads touched and just inches away from the one thing that could change everything. They were drowning in each others eyes, but they knew they couldn't cross that line. They fought against their will with every fiber in their body, knowing if they crossed that line, nothing would ever be the same. But oh how they wanted to.

The next day Andy broke up with his girlfriend. Now there are three broken hearts, and a very confused boy with an impossible decision to make.

I didn't understand my mistake until I made it.