The Wild | Teen Ink

The Wild

December 13, 2017
By Oishika BRONZE, Al Jubail, Other
Oishika BRONZE, Al Jubail, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was dark that evening. The wind hissed and roared like dragons. She stood looking out the window but nothing was visible to her due to the fog that covered miles of ground level. The feeling of darkness and loneliness was slowly sinking into her and she knew exactly what was waiting for her.

In the other room, he stood still in front of the dresser while his suitcase lay open on the bed. She turned and leaned against the window, looking at his back with questions running through her mind.

She said, “Are you going to explain?”, with her voice as soft as a sad song.
He stayed quiet for a while and released a sigh.
She said, “So what’s the matter?”, with the hope of him actually replying.
With the hesitation in his voice, all he could say was, “I… umm… I...”
She said, “Yes, you”, trying to be as calm as possible.
He said, “I am going”, being absolutely stone cold.
She said, “Going? where?”, knowing everything about all his replies.
Turning towards her, he hesitated but said, “Somewhere, where I’ll be at my peace and you will be at yours.”
She stood looking at him emotionlessly.
She said, “Will you be back?”
He looked at her confusedly. 

She understood and quickly asked, “Why are you leaving?”, looking directly into his eyes.
However, asking the question her eyes weren’t filled with innocence anymore, it was filled with rage, stubbornness, and insanity of not wanting to let go of him.
He couldn’t answer her question, as all he could think about was, what went wrong between them. But he knew to save her, he had to leave. so he went back to packing his things.

Meanwhile, she stood there, hurt and furious. She wasn’t ready for him to leave. She wasn’t ready to give up on him, them, and their love.
She moved closer towards him.
He finished zipping his suitcase and looked at her.
While looking at him, she took a deep breath, let a small smile appear on her lips and then said, “Do you love me?”, while she unzipped her dress.