Ocean crying | Teen Ink

Ocean crying

The rain reminded me of him and what he stood for, much like the ocean did. As each defeated raindrop hit the roof i felt my heart crack, inch by inch till the two pieces fell into the bottomless ravine that is my stomach. It had been months since the funeral and exactly one year to the day since he passed but my fiance's untimely death had me undeniably….incomplete. I soon realized, they lied when they told me it would get better, easier. They lied when they told me he would be with me forever, because in all my life i had never felt this alone. My broken heart strings bled but never mended, they just continue to drain themselfs so i could feel nothing. They. Never. Stop. Bleeding. Draining myself of who this wonderful man was and the things he taught me was impossible. The flickering images of his lips leaving blossoming daisies across my forehead, to the silent cold dark nothingness, where the man i once loved now lay. I was left only with my blonde matted hair in a bun from three days ago unable to crawl out of my bed and remove my pink polka dot pajamas and a million memories of my name rolling off his tongue “Adaline” sounded like a beautiful melody floating through my mind, i almost forgot about all the pills i swallowed, until everything went dark.