Love. | Teen Ink

Love.

By Christy Pierce BRONZE, Rayville, Louisiana
Christy Pierce BRONZE, Rayville, Louisiana

Kings, Queens, Princesses, they all seem part of a fairytale, but in my life they are real, and I am one of them. I am AnnaLeigh Victoria Edvards Princess of England, but most people call me Princess AnnaLeigh, I am 17 years old and I live with my father and Grandmother in London England. Being a royal isn't all its chalked up to be, from hectic schedules to balls every second of everyday is full. Finally I got tired of living the royal life, tired of my every move being recorded by the daily press, tired of never really knowing if a boy truly liked me, or the fact that I'm a princess, so on my 17th birthday I told my father that I wanted to go to boarding school in America to get away from everything, from everyone. A place where most people wouldn't know who I was, to them I'd just be AnnaLeigh and not Princess. Finally a chance had come for me to be normal.
"Annie, if you don't hurry you're going to miss the game!" called Seth. AnnaLeigh laughed and called back to Seth, "We cant miss it, Im the star player. They cant start without me." AnnaLeigh walked out of the bathroom and over to one of the twin beds in her small dorm room and grabbed her duffle bag. "Hey Annie let me take that." he said as he slipped the bag off her shoulder and onto his. "Thanks Seth," she said as she looked into the mirror fixing her ponytail. AnnaLeigh turned to him and said, "So, how do I look?" He looked her up and down and shrugged. She put her hands on her hips and said, "And what is that supposed to mean?" He started laughing and walked over to her and took her hands off her hips and slipped his hands on them. "I think you look beautiful," he said as he kissed her. She smiled and walked over to her closet and grabbed her tennis racket. She sighed and said, "I thought I had quit this for good." She spun the racket in her hand a few times. Seth looked down at his watch, "Annie, you've got five minutes 'til your match, we'd better hurry and get to the courts." AnnaLeigh just stood there thinking about the last match she had played back in England, it had been at Wimbledon, and she had come so close to winning that most people had already given up on her opponent. It was advantage out, and she needed one point to win when suddenly she collapsed on the courts. Seth snaps, "Uh, Earth to Annie. We have to leave like now!" AnnaLeigh shook her head and came back to reality. 'Oh, okay. Lets go."
"I've never seen anyone play like her before, it's like she could be a professional." said Alexandra her opponent from the apposing team. "What did you say her name was again?" asked Charles her right hand man in crime. "AnnaLeigh Edvards. She's from England." she told him as they walked back towards the schools travel bus. Charles stopped and scratched his head, "I've heard that name somewhere before." Alexandra turned to him, "Of course you have, she's all that you guys talk about. Why do u think so many of our classmates showed up? They wanted to see the amazingly fit and beautiful Annie from England." "Alexandra, you're such a snob." Charles said as they started walking again. "I know, but there's something different about her, something almost, dare I say, special." she turned and watched AnnaLeigh and Seth walk hand and hand towards the dorms. "Im going to find out what it is if it's the last thing I do." she said as her and Charles reached the bus. "You keep thinking that sweetheart." he said as he patted her on the back. They both climbed on the bus.
"Annie where did you learn to play like that?" asked Jessica Annie's roommate. "Well, in England it's one of the main sports, especially for girls. I've been playing since I could basically walk. My mother taught me. I used to play all the time in tournaments and such, but I had had quit," she looked at Seth, "up until Seth talked me back into playing. Which I'm so glad he did." Seth sat back in one of the large common room couches and stretched his legs out in front of him. AnnaLeigh walked over to him and sat on his lap. "I owe it all to him. I wouldn't of ever picked my racket up again, if he hadn't of been so persuasive." she said as she smiled down at him. He leaned up and wrapped his arms around her waist and whispered to her, "You can make it up to me later." She turned and looked him in the eyes and smiled, which is all Seth needed to see. "You two are so cute together!" Jessica said. Annie blushed and shrugged.
"AnnaLeigh Edvards." Alexandra said as she typed the name into her laptop. She looked up from her computer and cocked her head. "Uh, Charles what are you doing?" she asked. "Oh, um, well you girls always say straightening your hair is a major pain and I was just seeing if it was true." he said as he took a piece of his hair and straightened it. He looked in the mirror at her, "Doesn't seem so painful." She shook her head and looked back at her screen. She gasps. Charles clamps the straightening on his hand and cursed. Alexandra didn't even look up. "Come look at this Charlie." He walks over to the bed and looked at the screen. He reads off the screen, "Young Miss AnnaLeigh Edvards, known to all of us as Princess AnnaLeigh, will be playing in her first Wimbledon this summer. She is said to be the only royal to ever compete." Charles finished reading and looked at Alexandra., "Shes a royal and a pro tennis player? No wonder she's so fine!" "This explains so much!" she said as she tossed the laptop onto his lap. "Wait 'til ever finds out, she'll be so popular it'll drive her back to London and away from Seth Czuchry." she paced in front of her bed before she finally sat down. She smiled mischievously. "You've got a plan don't you?" he asked. "You bet I do." she said as she nodded to herself.
"Seth," Annie said in between kisses. "I really need to tell you something." Seth continued kissing her. Annie pushed him gently off her, "Seriously Seth." He sighed and stopped. "Okay. What is it?" She looked down at her shoes. He took his hand and lifted her head up to his eye level. "Annie? What's wrong?" She stammered, "U-uh never mind." He stared at her for a minute then returned to kissing her.
Annie sat up on the edge of Seth's bed putting her shoes back on. "Come back," Seth pleaded as he sat propped up on his elbows. "Seth, I cant. I have to get back to my dorm." she said. He sighed and got out of his bed. "Atleast let me walk you to your dorm." he said as he pulled his t-shirt on over his head. She nodded and smiled. They walked out of his room and into the hallway where there we flyers everywhere on the wall with AnnaLeigh's picture on them. One of her in her tiara at a ball and another of her the year she played at Wimbledon. All with the same caption "PRINCESS ANNALEIGH EVARDS". Seth ripped one of the wall and crumbled it up. "Seth let me explain!" she cried as she walked after him. He turned and yelled at her, "AnnaLeigh why didn't you tell me!? Im your boyfriend ! I thought we told each other everything!" AnnaLeigh looked scared and back up a few steps from him, "I was going to tell you, I swear I was. I-its just its not that easy to talk about." He looked even angry "Hard to talk about!? What's so hard to say, the part about you being a Princess or the part where you almost won Wimbledon when you were 14!?" She slid with her back on the wall and sat on the floor. She hide her face in her hands and started to cry. He kneeled beside her, "Oh, Annie. Im sorry. I didn't mean to yell, Im sure you have a good reason for not telling me." She looked up at him, "I just wanted you to love me for me, not because Im a royal." He kissed her, "Id love you no matter what."

monicalillian SILVER, Holladay, Utah

"forgive your enemies, nothing bugs them more."

this is super cute...i love seth's last comment, it makes me feel like anything could happen.

ashcarolbffl said...
ohhh my goush i love your story it is the best one yet and if this was true i would feel so mad for u. i just want to tell u to keep on writing like this and u would maybe get a award!!!!!!!!!!!