Love in a Flash | Teen Ink

Love in a Flash

August 9, 2017
By Selena.zd SILVER, Wilmette, Illinois
Selena.zd SILVER, Wilmette, Illinois
5 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing is impossible if you allow the possibilities.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.


At the age of 3, she chased after him down the riverbank.
At the age of 5, he stole her gluestick, and she cried.
At the age of 7, he put on a band-aid for her after she fell off her bike.
At the age of 10, he blushed and called her pretty in her flowery birthday dress.
At the age of 13, her hair flowed in the wind as he asked her to be his girlfriend walking down the snow-covered beach.
At the age of 14, he kissed her at eighth grade graduation.
At the age of 16, he told her he loved her as she fell asleep in his arms under the stars that lit up the grassy field.
At the age of 18, he said goodbye for what he thought was the last time.
At the age of 21, she sat on her dorm bathroom floor, wondering about him studying abroad in Beijing.
At the age of 25, she looked up from her coffee at the corner bakery and found herself looking into his eyes.
At the age of 28, he cried as she said, “I do,” dressed all in white.
At the age of 35, she watched as he kissed their oldest goodbye on the school’s front steps.
At the age of 46, he fought with their daughter about her boyfriend.
At the age of 59, he walked that same daughter down the aisle toward a very different boy.
At the age of 70, he smiled, watching her bake for their grandkids.
At the age of 81, he held her wrinkled hand lovingly as she took her last breath.