A Blessing | Teen Ink

A Blessing

"Where are, you taking me?" She asked as he clasped her hand in his and leads her across the thick forest in the middle of the black night.

"Stay quiet and just follow me." He said in a low voice, as he lead her in the middle of the giant trees and wild bushes of the forest.

"But at least tell me where are we going? You know I'm afraid of dark." She said in a dreadful voice.

He stopped, turned back and looked at her affectionately. Her face was pale and she seemed bewildered and terrified. He gives her a small smile and asked, "Don't you trust me?"

She looked at him bizarrely. He gave her his genuine, sweet smile which made him cuter, and caused her to lose her fear. As she knew he won't let anything bad happen to her.

She nodded and replied "Yes I do." He moved closer to her gave her a light kiss on her forehead and whispered softly in her ears. "Then follow me." With that he intertwined her fingers in his and walked forward.

They had only travelled few steps ahead when he heard her yowled. He quickly turned back only to find out that a thorn had pricked her arm harshly. He quickly searched his bag which he had brought along with him, for the water bottle, he took it out, poured some water on her arm. She moaned and clenched her teeth in pain.

"It'll be alright. I'm there." He whispered softly. She tightly closed her eyes as he gently tied his handkerchief around her arm. "Promise me you'll always be there when I need you." She asked in low voice. He didn't reply to that. She opened her eyes and found him engaged in his work. He was delicately wrapping his favorite faint red handkerchief around her arm.

When he was done, he looked at her and their gaze met. His deep and soulful blue eyes were like the color of the ocean on the clearest day she can ever imagine. Her dark brown eyes reflecting the deepness and beauty of her heart and soul.
They were intensely looking in each other eyes when he finally broke, "I can't promise that but In Shaa Allah I promise I will try. But Don't worry if not in this world I would be there for you. We'd surely meet in Jannah. Where we both can live without fear of getting separate."

She smiled at him, her face glowing radiantly, not even the moon that night glowed as much as she glowed then.

He stood up and offered his hand, she looked at his offering hand and jocosely accepted it. He helped her getting up and again took her hand in his and started walking ahead.
They were almost there when he asked her to close her eyes. She smiled and gently closed them. He leads her few more steps ahead and finally let go of her hand. And move a little distant from her and said, "Open them now." She slowly opened her eyes and was astonished to see the esthetic scene in front of her.

The moon shone fulgently in the middle of the luminous stars. The dull black lake wound its merry way through the thick black forest. Hopping mercilessly over the big stones that spread across its corners. Colorful pebbles laying carelessly along the lake. The water was gleaming under the moonlight giving an aesthetic look. Flowers growing around the lake giving a pleasant aroma to the atmosphere, the lake being the liquid soul of the forest looked so tranquil and peaceful. She was breathing in a slipshod manner as the enchanting view completely took over her body. The exquisite scene brought the instantaneous inner peace as if her soul had been pulled away from the cage of depression.

She was lost in the serene beauty of nature. When he slowly paced towards her and asked politely "Do you like it?" She looked at him with stupidity and cried in a cheerful manner " THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SCENE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE" and embraced him tightly, he just lovingly hugged her back and when the cheerfulness in her calmed a little she whispered in his ears,

"JazakAllah Khairan for showing me this majestic beauty. I don't have words to thank you. You don't know what you have done. You have given me the peace I was lacking from years. Thank-you so much."

Her words illuminated his face and he thanked Allah for helping him to make his mission of 'making her happy' successful. The love between them cherished in the moonlight, only allowing the nature to witness their true love for each other. Both their faces were gleaming. Giving both of them comeliness look.

He broke the hug and looked at her with all the love he could express through his deep blue eyes " I love you. And will love you till my last breath."

She smiled and asked again,
"promise?"

He pulled her closer pecked her cheeks and winked " I can promise you that." She felt shy under his intense gaze and blushed, the very blush he loved so much.

He smiled at her and moved back to sit by the flowing tranquil lake. "Hey care to join me?" He asked her as he sat on a nearby rock.

She stared him as he closed his eyes and the cool breeze gently kissed his face. A beautiful smile formed on her lips as she falls in love with the man who was the reason for her happiness, who had brought prismatic colors in her faded dark world, who had made her fall in love with himself through his every single act and most importantly he had made her fall in love with their Rab. Not getting a reply from her, he opened his eyes and saw in her direction and raised his eyebrows in question. He again looked so cute, as he failed in raising his one eyebrow and accidentally raised both of them. She laughed and went to sit beside him. She put her head gently on his shoulder as he wrapped his hand around her waist. Both enjoining the ravishing scene in front of them and thanking Allah for blessing them with such beautiful life partners who truly completes each other.

True love