Best friends are always right | Teen Ink

Best friends are always right

October 14, 2016
By Layla_Medeles BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Layla_Medeles BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Megan a typical teenager has a difficult love life.Her father is a music producer and her mom is a lawyer and her little brother is in fifth grade. Megan is a girl who feels left out and like she doesn't belong where she is right now.  Her best friend is Brittany and the kind of friendship they have is one where they can talk about anything and anyone.
On a day when Megan and Brittany study at the library Zack (Megan’s crush) came in and started flirting with Megan. Megan was blushing and also flirting. Brittany got tired of third wheeling and seeing Zack flirt with her makes her realize that he is a player. When Brittany left Megan and Zack started learning more about each other. After about an hour of talking and soon asked her out on a date that Friday night and she said yes. After that he gave her a kiss on a cheek.
After the current situation that had just happened Megan ran from the school all the way to Brittany’s house to tell her that Zack had asked her out. Of course Brittany was annoyed of Megan being dramatic about Zack asking her out. Megan got steam coming out her ears at that point and stormed out the room, as she slammed the for behind her a picture of her and Brittany had fallen to the  floor.
When Megan got home she had to figure out what she was going to wear on their date and how she would do her hair so she literally tore up her closet looking for the perfect outfit.
Meanwhile, Zack was at home on the phone with his ex-girlfriend who was furious that Zack asked Megan on a date. Zack was explaining his whole plan to her about how he was only taking her out on a date was because he wanted her dad to give him studio time to record his music and to make a soundtrack so he could become famous.
Ashley is Zack's ex-girlfriend they broke up because Ashely was known around school for being the girl who flirts with everyone and cheats on her boyfriends if she ever has any. After hearing Zack plan she thinks it's a great idea because than her and zack would become famous and rich.
When Friday comes around Zack gets very handsy with Megan at school after seeing this, Ashley’s anger erupts like a volcano and cause the whole ground to shake. She is so furious that Zack and Megan are going on a date. After Brittany and Ashley being mad at both Megan and Zack they start talking. Brittany tells Ashley that Megan really likes him and that she was glad they were together but she knew that if they ever broke up it would not end well. Ashley couldn't take it anymore so she tells Brittany the plan that Zack had had and while telling the story Ashley added in some very inappropriate language while telling her story.
After hearing the story Brittany knew she was right about Zack all along she yelled “That coward” and jumped up from where she was sitting and grabbed Megan by the wrist and dragged her to the restroom. Than Brittany was telling her the story and of course Megan didn't  believe her so she got super mad at brittany for “making up the story” and left her shocked in that restroom.
Later that day Megan and zack were at the park and zack started asking question about her father and his music studio and not long after asking her about it he asked if he could make a sound track so thats when she knew that Brittany was right and so she told him she didn't know.
The following monday came around and while on her way to English class Megan saw Zack and ashley together talking and so megan was worried but then………  she saw them starting to kiss and so the rage in her mind just went of like a volcano. She told them they deserve each other… and started crying to Brittany!


The author's comments:

I have been through the same thing.