Love is a Treat | Teen Ink

Love is a Treat

By dessibarreraa BRONZE, Grand Prairie, Texas
dessibarreraa BRONZE, Grand Prairie, Texas

She knew falling in love was hazardous. Lily knew what it was like to dive head first into the pool of what you may call “love”, and she wasn’t having it again. However, she couldn’t help who she fell in love with. It just happened, almost like a storm rolling in; it hits quickly and leaves fast.
One day just as the gentle, warm breeze rolled in, Lily noticed something strange about her meal. The barista knows her so well that she walks up to the counter and only has to pay without having to speak. The “usual” consisted of a jelly donut that melts in your mouth and a tasty caramel Frappuccino. On a normal, she would sit on the couch, but there was something about the fall weather rolling in that tempted her to sit under the umbrella outside. Just as she began to sit down, she realized something out of the ordinary was happening to her donut. It came alive!
“Hi, I’m Erick and you are?
Her reply was broken as she was in awe with Erick, “Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster! Did you just? You were just a... And now you’re a? Wait what?”
“I know what you’re thinking and this may sound a little weird, but from the moment you purchased me in the coffee shop I just knew I needed to get to know you.”
The whole thought of it seemed a little out of the ordinary to Lily, but some of her best decisions were the ones that she did a little less thinking on. As Lily began to get to know Erick, it was almost as if she’d known Erick her whole life. Ironically, it had only been a solid 10 minutes. The feelings surged throughout her body traveling everywhere in an instant.
“I know this is crazy but I just know you’re the one for me and I’m the one for you,” Eric proclaimed. In the blink of eye, almost like a hypnotic notion, Lily was just as convinced as Erick that they were meant to be together.
All good things don’t last in love and that’s the sad truth. Lily’s mind was ever-changing like the weather in Texas, hot one day and stone cold the next. Things often times most sound better in our head, but when it all actually plays out you realize how crazy you were.
Lily’s words busted through the silence like a running back busts through an open hole in the defense line. “I can’t do this and I’m sorry for wasting all 60 minutes of your life. I donut love you the way you love me.” Erick, stunned, was at a loss for words.
Lily didn’t know what to do but she had to think quickly. Sometimes you just have to eat your problems and in this case that is exactly what Lily did. In a split second, she was wiping the jelly off her hands and packing her stuff up to go. People walking by awkwardly waved as Lily’s cheeks were bright red with a smudge of bright purple jelly on her cheek. It was as if she never met Erick and she could move on to the new love of her life, or should I say her temporary fix.

I love donuts. I could eat donuts everyday if I had to.