Until Tomorrow | Teen Ink

Until Tomorrow

By RebeccaLynn SILVER, Huntingdon, Tennessee
RebeccaLynn SILVER, Huntingdon, Tennessee

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave.

Tomorrow, I'll prove to everyone that this smile one my face is real. That I don't miss you. That as much as you played me, I played you as well and that everything we been through meant nothing. I'll prove to people that I faked it as much as you did. Tomorrow will start a new me, one that you will never care for. Because, you broke me as I was trying to fix you. You were lying when I was telling the truth. I was trusting when I knew I shouldn't. Tomorrow, I will turn into and make sure you never enter my thoughts again.

But for tonight, I'll let you invade my thoughts. I'll let the pain from this heartbreak roam free and bring the tears as I re-read the letters you will never read because I was too afraid to give them to you. Tonight, I will say good bye to the old me that I loved because you were only acting. I'll realize that I am too stupid for my own good because the signs were there, but I didn't want to pay attention to them. You were the a------ and I was the sweet one which needs to change. When tonight hits, I'll be drowning in the memory of us, and you will have consumed my every thought and still have my heart in your hands.

But by tomorrow, all that will change.

What inspired me was I had found the letters that I wrote to my ex and the song tomorrow by chris young