Abounding Love | Teen Ink

Abounding Love

June 9, 2016
By Regee-Buscegee BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Regee-Buscegee BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm a diamond in the rough / A shiny piece of coal / Tryin' to reach my goal"
-Lin-Manuel Miranda
(Hamilton: An American Musical ; "My Shot")


She looked at the ring on her finger. The band was breathtaking, and the diamond that sat atop glistenined in the midmorning sun. Suddenly, it hit her full in the face; she was hoplessly in love.

This love was complete and satisfying. It asked everything and nothing of her. It left her breathless and yearning, while granting her her every desire. He was her match, her best friend, her life-long companion. She wanted to spend eternity with him. She wanted to give him the whole world, but all she had was herself, and she freely gave him that. She wanted to hold his hand, carress his cheek, kiss his lips. She wished she could melt when he touched her, so she could always be with him when she resolidified. She wanted to be his one, his only, because that was what he was to her.

He walked in. He noticed her, and his face lit up.

She wanted to run to him, cling to him, to never let him go. She wanted to tell him how much she loved him and hear his sweet reassurances. She wanted to truly give him all she had. And all that she would do.

After she hid her ring.


The author's comments:

Sometimes, true love is overwhelming.