The Boy In The Woods | Teen Ink

The Boy In The Woods

May 20, 2016
By ValeriaCazares BRONZE, Austin, Texas
ValeriaCazares BRONZE, Austin, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

At the edge of a forest stands a house. That house is home to a girl named Samantha. Samantha loves to go to the forest that was near her house. She loved it because it helped her get her mind of things. She feels like that’s her only escape. Samantha is one of those girls that have lots of friends but likes to keep everything to herself.
One night while being in the forest she could hear something moving behind her. She kept turning around but the moving would stop. This is weird. OMG what if i die today in the middle of the forest where no one can hear me. Samantha  thought. She couldn’t see anything now because it was dark and her flashlight went off. The only thing Samanth could think of was to run as fast as possible. She ran passing the beautiful river that now at night looks scary. When she thought she was far enough she stopped running to get some air. She started  looking around and she saw a black figure.
“Who are you?What do you want?” said Samantha backing away because the figure was getting close. ”I AM YOUR FATHER” said the black figure in a manly voice starting to laugh.  ” Hey… is that from starwars.” said Samantha. “Yeah. OMG that like the best movie ever.” said the black figure in a girly voice. “No,but what do you want?” said Samantha. “ WelI see you coming a lot to the forest” said the black figure. “That doesn’t mean you can stalk me.” said Samantha. “I just want to be friends” said the black figure. ”Ok, well I’m Samantha but you can call me sam.”said Samantha. ”I’m Liam, nice to meet you.” said liam. ”Well i have to go home now it’s getting late.”said samantha looking back at her house. ”Bye sam.”said Liam waving his hand.”Bye Liam.” said Samantha already walking to her house.
Sam didn’t  know that under that cape Liam was an ugly monster. It was a spell that his godmother gave him so he could learn a lesson and, only true love's kiss can turn him back to his real self. His godmother put his in that lesson because she thought that it was that time to behave good to his parents and people around him. In their town he is counted as a missing kid that ran away from home. He thought he could never break the spell but, this thought changed when he saw Samantha. He thought samantha was a beautiful girl with brown hair, pretty brown eyes and, her cute dimples that formed when she smiled.
It’s been three weeks and Sam has grown pretty close to Liam. Liam thinks that today is the day that he is going to tell Samantha about who he really is. ”Hey I have something to tell you but please don’t get mad.”said Liam in a scared voice. “Yeah what is it?.”Said samantha. “Well i don’t know how to tell you this but i’m an ugly monster. I didn’t want to tell you this because i thought you would stop talking to me and that i will scare you.”said Liam taking off his cape.”Wow. I don’t care how you look like. It’s not your look that i like it’s who you are in the inside. Don’t let anyone tell you you’re ugly.Ok. You’re beautiful inside and out.”said samantha hugging Liam. “So you’re not gonna run away like everyone else?” said liam. “No, why would i do that?.” said samantha. “Well you’re a beautiful girl. Who would want to be near this?.” said Liam pointing at himself. “Me. Now shut up and let’s enjoy the night. Ok LIam.” said Samantha resting her head on Liam’s shoulder.
The next day samantha came running to the forest looking for Liam because she was getting chased by two girls from school. “ LIAM, WHERE ARE YOU?. I NEED YOU.please” said samantha looking for Liam. The girls were catching up and screaming at samantha. “You can’t run away from us you know cry baby.”said one the girls pulling samantha’s shirt. ”Yeah, why did you came running to the forest where no one can hear you?.” said one girl that had black hair.”leave her alone”. Said a voice. Samantha knew who that voice belongs to. “And who do you think you are?.” a short girl said about to turn a round.”I’m Liam. Samantha’s friend. NOW LEAVE HER ALONE.” said Liam screaming and taking off his cape. ”OMG. WHAT IS THAT?.” The girl with the black hair said with a terrified look. ”Your worst nightmare.”said Liam with a serious face. The next thing you know that girls are running out the forest. Liam helped Samantha up from the floor where one of the girls tripped her. ”Thank you Liam.”samantha said in a whisper. “No problem.”said Liam in a low voice. They stayed silent for few seconds then samantha kissed Liam in the lips. Liam was shocked but started kissing her back.”Wow.” they both said at the sametime.
Then all of a sudden liam started to spin in a circle.” Liam what’s happening?.” Samantha said with a scared look on her face. “It’s happening. The true love kiss.” Liam said landing on the ground. “Wow. You’re cuter than I thought.” samantha said in a surprised look.Liam has brown hair, blue eyes, he’s tall, and has a cute smile. “What do we do now.?”Samantha said. “ It’s time to go home.”said liam and samantha holding hands and heading to the direction of samantha’s house. Liam was happy that he can finally go home to see his family. When they got to samantha’s door steps Liam had a nervous look. “ Hey sam,i have something to ask you.” Liam said looking at Samantha’s brown eyes.”What is it?.”samantha said looking at liam in the eyes.”Do you want to be my girlfriend?.”said liam in a nervous smile.Samantha stayed silent for a few seconds and liam was getting worried. “Yes.” Samantha said in a big smile. “Yes, what?” liam asked. “Yes, i will be your girlfriend.” said Samantha. Liam and Samantha looked at each other in the eyes and started kissing. Then they looked at the stars the whole night enjoying each other’s company.

The end.