Dear Elementary Crush | Teen Ink

Dear Elementary Crush

By BloomingRaine15 PLATINUM, Cebu, Other
BloomingRaine15 PLATINUM, Cebu, Other

And suddenly, all the love songs were about you.

Dear elementary crush,
Years passed by like a blink of an eye, you and I had much changed. We both seem so different, yet at the same time so familiar. I could still see that boyish smile eight years ago. Sometimes, I would wish to go back to those times, when the real world wasn't much revealed to us. When we were too young to know the difference between love and like, between life and death, between you and me. Did it hurt when we stared at each other one last time on the gates of our elementary school? It hurts a lot for me, at first. I learned to get over it, and I had a number of crushes in the years later on. But now, seeing you in that suit, 8 years later, it came down rushing into me. The memories of our silliness, friendship, and though as much as we wouldn't likely admit, our jealousy, flooded me with an overwhelming feeling to hug you right there and then, and pretend that I could be with you. We walked towards each other. Yours a hopeful smile, mine as shy as a fawn, yet as we were five feet away from each other, another girl came and embraced you. Then I realized, you weren't looking at me. You were looking at my best friend years ago.
Thankfully, another friend saw me and led me to the table and I was surrounded by my own group of friends. But I couldn't speak. There was something inside me that was stopping me. And then I realized, I must have been in love with you a lot more than I remembered.
But, like I said, you once fell for my best friend, and no doubt you'll fall for her again if given the chance. I was the bridge between both of you, something you could both walk upon, being trampled on, but at least, at that time I thought, you were talking to me.
I'm not the same girl anymore. I have been hurt a lot more than what you think. I've changed so much, I've pretended for the rest of my years, and I'm clearly, just clearly out of your range.
I have the tendency to be like a fire, burning and burning forever. But can you be the water to put me out when needed? I am called to be very difficult at handling, but for you, oh for you, I would follow, without a doubt, your commands.
The reunion was like the fourth of July. Blazing fireworks, casual picnics on the park, and a burnt bunch of barbecue over the corner. It was a perfect scene to describe our elementary life. Not just yours and mine. All of us in it, even my best friend whom you happen to have fallen in love.
When you went out to fetch a drink, I looked at my best friend. Her eyes were large and dark, her skin so white and flawless, and her bobbed hair was something that made her look like a pixie, or maybe a fairy. No wonder you'd fall for her. I mean, just look at me. I'm the kind of geek you usually see. Ponytail, nerdy glasses, a book on one side, and a pencil somewhere stuck in my hair. I was studying to become a lawyer, and you were following your father's footsteps. I was already known in our country, through mathematical competitions that I won. Your business was known as one of the leading suppliers of the nationwide seafoods. You and I, we are both parallel lines. Maybe you should stick with Euphemia. After all, you both, are just perfect for each other.
Well, maybe it's a goodbye then. I've finally confessed what I'm feeling, not just to you but to myself. I don't know why, but I loved you since the day I laid eyes on you. And I know that I can't move on. Heck, I've been given eight years. It does take a lifetime to forget someone special, right?
Someone you may not want to meet after reading this,
The Nerdy Girl  with Pimples in Class

Just someone from elementary...

Brett_Ashley said...
Brett_Ashley, Pearl River, New York
Interesting! Definitely a different take on how life is, I enjoyed it.