Im coming Home | Teen Ink

Im coming Home

By Jackie_Rojas SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Jackie_Rojas SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

"Break the rules. Be a fighter. Any dream is possible if you are brave enough to do it YOUR way." - A.J Lee

It’s been almost a year since I last saw, felt or even kissed him that makes me miss him even more. I’ve been counting the hours…. minutes and seconds waiting for Conner to come home. I got up from my bed and walked toward the window taking a peek out. Outside was covered with snow many layers of white blankets spread around the field. It was actually a really beautiful snowy day outside perfect way to start Christmas Eve.
“I still don’t know how you even manage to do it Kory” Rachel said as she put her book down she was reading. Rachel is a beautiful woman with long black curly hair reaching up to her waist she’s my unbiological sister
“Hmm…. What do you mean Rachel?” I questioned turning around to give her my full attention
“Don’t act naïve Kory you know perfectly well what I’m talking about” she said giving me that you know what I mean look.
“I don’t know either Rachel” I stopped and collected my thought “Distance is just a way to challenge our love for each other to see if this relationship will work and honestly I feel that with this Distance relationship has shown me that I really do love him” I smiled at her
“Has he talked to you recently?”
“I face time with him last night he was being deployed to afghanistan”
“Are you serious Kory” she looked at me with those big blue eyes “It will be a good Christmas Eve with or without Conner” she said reassuring me “plus it’s the gala party today your parents are hosting have fun and relax ok Kory”

Getting ready for the Christmas Eve party was supposed to be a stress free time for me but Conner was still on my mind. How was I supposed to have fun without him by my side? I curled my short brunette hair and fixed it up into a decent bun leaving some of my hair cascading down my face. There was a knock on my door.
“It’s open” I yelled to the person behind the door
“Hey sweetie” my mom said as she open the door to let herself in
“Hi mom you look beautiful” she smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek “Everyone’s downstairs waiting for you”
“Ok…one last touch… and done” I closed my make-up kit and got up turning around to look at her and smiled “you look ravishing mom” she did in all truth she had a white gala dress  that was simple yet elegant perfect for the gala tonight
“Thank you sweetie you also look breath taking….what’s wrong sweetheart?” she looked at me with dejected eyed
“Nothing at all mother I’m fine let’s go before everyone starts asking about us” I half smiled leading the way towards the door.
“I’ve known you since you were in my womb Kory somethings not right. Talk to me.... Let me help you in any way I can”
“I’m ok mom let’s just get this day over with” I reassured her and moved towards the stairs heading for the ballroom.
The ballroom was breathtaking it was all filled with Christmas decorations and light illuminating the ballroom. There was business man dressed in fancy tuxedos talking about what seemed like political problems while there was woman talking about each other dresses and how one was richer than the other the usual conversation. Both my parents were important people my dad was the CEO of Roth’s Rings Company they create and design rings for any special occasion.
“Ladies and Gentleman may we have your attention….”I started spacing out as I heard the same speech in every gala my parent’s host.
“Miss Kory their someone that wishes to see you” My butler told me
“I’ll be right over Victor”
“They wish for you to meet them up outside” I look at him with a puzzled look I excused myself from the table and walked outside. Looking outside there was no one out their feeling curious i walked down the stairs looking for the special person that wanted to speak with me
“Hey Kory” Rachel asked me from behind causing me to jump a little
“Rachel you scared me I could have had a heart attack” I smacked her on her shoulder “you could have just come over to the table to talk”
“And miss this … nope totally worth it” she laughed “how are you feeling”
“I’m ok... I think I’m just waiting for the night to end and just stay in bed tomorrow morning and girls night won’t help if that –“I felt that everything vanish as a pair of hands covered my eyes and I started spinning connecting my lips with someone
"I miss you and I'm home" I opened my eyes to see Conner I felt tears running down my cheeks as I saw Conner in front of me and I couldn't contain my joy and jumped giving him the biggest hug ever afraid that if I let go he would vanish in thin air
"I thought you were in Afghanistan you told me you were going yesterday Conner I don't understand"
“I got home a few hours ago I was going to tell you last week but Rachel told me to just come over and surprise you instead so …. Surprise!!!” he looked at me with that goofy smile
"Next time I would rather have you tell me but i love this suprise…Thank You Rachel your the best" i smiled at her and gave her a small kiss on the cheeks
"Anytime Kory …ummm ill be inside" she looked really awkward and waved goodbye i turned to look at Conner and smiled.
"Sorry about that Kory i just wanted to suprise you" he said sheepishly
“Your home Conner and that’s all that matters to me your my brave soldier” I smiled and kissed him
“Well miss Kory it would be an honor if you could save me a dance”
“It would be my pleasure” I told him leading him inside to the dance floor. 

on Nov. 24 2015 at 11:34 am
AppleJacks_801 SILVER, West Valley, Utah

Fall seven times, get up eight.

I like that, and it has a good story line. I understood it very well in the short paragraph. Write more and more please.