A Wall to Happiness | Teen Ink

A Wall to Happiness

November 18, 2015
By uniquelylexy SILVER, San Jacinto, California
uniquelylexy SILVER, San Jacinto, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Two more years, one day closer..... These two verses are repeatedly going through my mind. It is hard to be told that you can't be happy now and that what makes them happy breaks every little piece of me.

 

My parents don't understand me sometimes. I know that is cliche to say, but I have a deeper understanding to life. I have learned by helping friends with their problems. Everyday its like walking on legos. At every step there is a different pain and you just want to get past it.

 

I have the typical Asian parents. The typical saying of, "You can't have no boyfriend. Studies first. Doctor you shall be." I have heard this millions of time and I shook it off until one day the Earth just turned and I had a brighter smile. He came into my life like food coming to my table at a restaurant.

 

My friends are complaining that they can't cate until they are 16 which will be in about at the most 5 months for them. In my mind I'm like, "Lucky you." What my parents don't get is that the more they are pulling me away from him, the more I want him. It is the restriction that attracts us.

 

Two more years, one day closer.... Until I can freely kiss his lips, go on those cheesy dates, and tell him that I love him.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece to bring out my feels, because even if I try to talk to my parents they won't give me a chance to. I tried.