Sercet Prank | Teen Ink

Sercet Prank

By InvisibleWriter SILVER, New Hampton, New Hampshire
InvisibleWriter SILVER, New Hampton, New Hampshire

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
~RobFrost

It was about a week into our month long trip that I first noticed him. I noticed him not because of  his stunning good looks, but because he seemed to have this air of danger around him. He seem to just scream trouble. I knew then that if I were to try and get involved with him it was going to be the worst thing I ever did but possible also the most fun. You see I'm just a magnet for trouble. Trouble just has a way of finding me. Its the very reason I was being sent a thousands of miles across space to a disciplinary school. I mean who even knew those existed anymore.  I thought they were all closed in 2026 because they were deemed unfit for teaching our universes' impressionable youth.
Anyway I don't think I should have to be going on this trip anyways. I mean its not like getting thrown out of yet another public school is reason enough to be sent across the galaxy. My parents seem to think so, so here I am. I guess I just have to make the most of this trip even without my electronics. At least I have my best friend Analise with me. If you think I have a bad record you should see hers. It's twice the size of mine.
“Luna, would you stop staring!” whispered Analise looking horrified.
“I'm not staring.” I replied. She may have a record worse then mine but she definitely doesn't look like someone who would set a small fire just to get out of gym class.
“You were and you need to stop it. We are in enough trouble as it is.” she replied shortly.
“I wasn't staring and how is staring going to cause trouble.” I spit back.
“I know because you had that look on your face that means your going to start something.” she huffed.
“Well I may have thought about it.” I whispered guiltily. Shes right no matter though I was going to start something but that was before he  caught my eye. Analise looked like she was going to reply when the curfew bell rang out. She shot me a look that we would talk later before heading to her room. I began to make my way to my room when I noticed someone wasn't headed to his room. I turned to speak to him when 'poof' he disappeared in to thin air.  Well looks like someone isn't following the no magic rule. I continued on to my room after that.
I continued about my existence without seeing him again till about three days away from the end of our month long trip. Analise and I were once again hanging out on the holo-deck. I was trying to convince her that we should go to Mason's party. It was a joke party according to the invite. It was a mock way of saying goodbye to the ship and saying hello to our jail, oops I mean our new school. Analise doesn't want to go, she thinks that we would get up to more trouble. Well of course I have to cause trouble before I leave, our people are going to think I'm losing my touch.
I have heard everyone whispering about what they think I'm going to do this time. I had something big planned. I was going to tell my plan to Analise when I spotted him again. I felt it the moment he walked into the room. After about twenty minutes of having a staring contest from across the room, I decided enough was enough and got up to talk to him.
“Do you have a problem with me our something?” I asked shortly.
“No, I have no problem with you at all.” he replied huskily.
“Then why have you been staring at me for the past twenty minutes?” I retorted. What is with this guy. I don't even know him and he thinks he can talk to me like that.
“I was admiring the view.”he smoothly replied.
“What? What even is your name?”I asked. Well this guy certainly knows how to charm a girl. He still is a little bit of a creep though.
“Caleb. Caleb Marshall.” he replied looking like I was an idiot for not knowing that.
“Well, I'm Luna. Luna King.”
“I knew that already.” he replied matter of factually.
“Okay. Well I'm gonna go get ready for a party. Bye” I spat back. Well that wasn't weird at all. I was half way back to my room when I noticed I was being followed. What is with this guy, can't he tack a hint. I spun around when I reached my room to yell at him for following me, only to discover that he had disappeared into thin air again. I continued into my room and got ready for the party all the while feeling a bit uneasy about the rest of the night.
When I reached the party it was already in full swing. I was running late because I had to set up my goodbye prank. It was going to be epic. I had to shake off the ominous feeling that kept creeping up on me before I continued on with mingling. I texted Mason that he should be prepared for a hurricane ten minutes before curfew. He groaned back at me asking if I really had to do this now. I of course replied that it was better now rather then later. Okay was all I got back.
It was looking like the perfect time to start the chaos when Caleb showed up. I don't know why but I felt the need to got to him. I felt a pull towards him even though he was in the direct line of fire for my prank. Analise thinking I was giving the signal started the chaos without me. Of course she realized to late that I was moving to say hi to Caleb. Well lets just say that the load of honey and flour meant for our principle and security guards was dumped all over Caleb and me. It was the best and worst prank of my prankster career. It was awesome because it went as planned except for missing its intended targets.
It being many years later now, I have learned since that I can actually do something constructive with my pranks and that the pull I felt for Caleb was because he is my intended mate. This is the hilarious story of how my husband and I first met. Lets just say it will definitely make our kids laugh when they read about it in their teenage years. We have grown up a lot since then but I will never forget that night. It has to be the most memorable thing about our relationship. Our friends still can't believe that Caleb wasn't mad about being turned into a honey cupcake. We will never forget this adventure or the many more that followed after.

I orginally wrote this for school, but decided to share it here.