Puzzle Pieces | Teen Ink

Puzzle Pieces

November 15, 2015
By Shaas BRONZE, Udupi, Other
Shaas BRONZE, Udupi, Other
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

You are made up of broken promises and a broken heart. You’ve felt more than you should and you’ve given more than you should have.

You bore every disappointment and every downfall with utmost grace just so she could carry a smile on her face. I know you’ve spent nights doubting yourself, drowning yourself in insecurities, I know that you must’ve promised yourself a thousand times that you would drench her soul with the showers of love, convincing her to believe in the rainbows of life. I know you’ve fallen asleep with the hope that you and she would paint pretty pictures of your future together.

I know how your tormented soul must have felt when she kept you hanging on a noose; strangling you from time to time but never setting you free.

Baby, you’ve lived a thousand nightmares at the hands of your love, felt a million heartbreaks all at once, you’ve been blinded by your passion for her that you convicted yourself for the sins she should have been held guilty for. She whirl pooled into your life and dragged you into her oblivion. Projected her shortcomings onto your unscathed mould but darling you’re a warrior. You’ve fought worse battles and emerged valiantly victorious.
You’re a fireball of passion, an abundance of the arts, you possess eyes that carry the look of a dream untold, eyes that can wage a war and cage hearts simultaneously. You’re a poem of grit and determination, love and life, passion and fervour.
Don’t allow her words to even graze against your skin, don’t give her the privilege to affect your being. I know that you’re a tangled mess of betrayals and abandonment. I know that you let go of your true essence in the process.
I know you’ve yearned for true love and care,I know you want someone to touch your bare soul. I promise you baby, you’re in safe hands. I will heal all those wounds that still burn and pain. I will cure all those aches that have driven you insane. I will touch and soothe every hurt that made you cry at night, I will be with you forever, you’ll never have to shed tears out of sight.
I’ll warm your heart on cold nights when everything and everyone seems unfair to you. I will take you on a journey that moves ahead yet you’ll re-incorporate in you the little you.
We’re both made up of soul shattering lows but together we’ll reach blissful highs, we’ll both build our spaces of peace where only you and I will reside and we’ll dance all night to the music of our broken stories and pain which is woven together with serenity and soulfulness, high on our love and the beauty of our life.
We might be utterly broken and damaged, we might have burnt wings but its only because we’re meant to be. The others are two individuals  who love each other not that its wrong but we’re puzzle pieces, our broken pieces fitting perfectly in each crevice that the past has left in us.
We’re a firestorm together, you and I. Crystal clear light reflecting off of every fibre from our being. We create constellations in our kaleidoscope of moments and memories.


The author's comments:

I wrote this for my boyfriend, the both us found eachother when we finally mustered courage to let go of our respective toxic relationships. I don't know how much this will appeal to you but it' means a lot to my boyfriend and I. Hope you'll are able to connect with it. :)