Out of Reach | Teen Ink

Out of Reach

By Dreamer29 SILVER, Atlanta, Georgia
Dreamer29 SILVER, Atlanta, Georgia

ew, people

The most powerful love there could ever be was not between one person to another, a bee to honey or to its hive, or a dog to its owner. It was between the two things life revolved around: the sun and the moon. The sun loved many things like the flowers that bloomed their red, pink, yellow, and white petals in the cool spring breeze, the multi colored fish that swam their way from one side of the dark blue ocean passing life that erupted out of the deep, and the wildlife that tucked itself into its own seclusion in its habitat. Although the sun’s love was strong for all of those things it could not help but to love one thing even more. The moon with all of its glory and yet it was so very far away. Among the stars that shone so bright in the darkness was the moon, too self conscious to show itself all at once all of the time. The sun believed that the moon was the most beautiful thing ever created. As much love as there was though, one thing was clear and that was that the sun and the moon’s love was as distant as winter and summer. The sun could not touch the moon or embrace it like we could. The only thing that the sun had to offer the moon was to slip away and let the moon fill the night with its beauty and elegance. 

Dedicated to my wonder and loving snowflake, who is truly the sun to my moon. My forever and always