The Boy of My Dreams Part 4 | Teen Ink

The Boy of My Dreams Part 4

By _EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee
_EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee

"If I waited until I felt like writing, I'd never write at all."

I arrive at school a few minutes before the bell, so I quickly grab my books from my locker and dash down the hallway to History. Suddenly I slam into something hard and looking up, find myself staring into the muddled-blue eyes of Enzo. I blush fiercely and take a big step away from him, ducking my head down avoiding his acute gaze.

“Sorry.” I mumble. “In my rush to get to History class I guess I forgot to look where I was going.” I glance up at him, surprised to see an expression of faint amusement on his face instead of annoyance.  He smiles, his teeth a picture of perfection.

“I was just heading there myself. I’ll walk you to class.” He says moving to walk beside me, his arm brushing mine. I try not to think of how his firm, toned body felt against mine and how I wish he would wrap his arms around me and never let go.

I merely nod and we head off down the hall toward Mr. Drone’s class, a smile tearing its way across my face. Wow! Enzo is walking ME to class! I wonder what all the other girls will think when they see us walk into the classroom. Soon we reach the door to the room and Enzo opens it for me, gesturing for me to walk in front of him. I almost swoon. Janice was right about him being a gentleman. I smile shyly at Enzo, taking his lead and walking first into the classroom.

Everyone stops what they’re doing and turns to look when we walk into the classroom. I duck my head, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible as I make my way to my seat. I hear the titters fly past my ears as I slouch in my seat, avoiding eye contact. Looking back up I see Enzo walk past my desk, taking his seat next to me. He tries to catch my attention but I turn my face, pretending to be really interested in what the teacher is saying.

Soon I don’t feel him staring at me anymore and I lean back in my seat, actually trying to focus on what the teacher is saying. After an hour of listening to the teacher drone on about rings slavery and citizen’s rights the bell rings. I grab my books, notebook and writing utensils and slip out the door in the midst of the crowd.

The day speeds by quickly and lunch comes around. I fill my tray with chicken drumsticks, mashed potatoes and a strawberry Yoplait yogurt, making my way through the crowded cafeteria to my friend’s table. I sit down next to Essie, who is talking to Alexandria about how boring her first period class was. She stops when I sat down and turns to me, a smile on her face.

“Hey girl!” She says, leaning in to give me a side hug. “How are you doing?”

“Hey Essie.” I reply, smiling back. “I’m doing well. How has your day been so far?”

“Well it was boring. In my first class . . .”

That’s all I hear before I zone out, my thoughts on something other than school, classes and work. Enzo Pierce. I inwardly sigh. No matter what I do, I couldn’t seem to get him out of my mind. He’s like water that manages to slip between the crevices in a sidewalk. He’s just a boy, why am I so hung up on him?

That question hovers on the edge of my mind the rest of lunch as I eat my food, listening to snatches of conversation at the table. The screech of the bell distracts me from my thoughts. I pick up my empty tray from the table, following my friends and throwing my tray on the rack. English is next and I groan as I listen to Mrs. Johnson talk about a writing project she wants us to do with a partner. I love reading, but not so much writing, especially non-fiction.

I didn’t have a partner so I scanned the room trying to pick the best person to do this with. After a while of looking I lean back, a sigh escaping my lips. Nothing. Nada. I’m pretty sure half these kids don’t even know what non-fiction is, much less be able write a whole paper about it. I’m about to raise my hand and ask the teacher if I can just do the project on my own when He walks in. Enzo looks around the room before his gaze meets mine. He flashes a disarming smile at me before turning and walking over to Mrs. Johnson. I quickly look away trying to cover up the blush staining my cheeks. She looks up and frowns at him, leaning back with her arms crossed. Shortly after she relaxes her stance, a smile on her face. All he has to do is flash her a charming smile and she instantly warms up to him. Poor Mrs. Johnson doesn’t even know what hit her. I chuckle inwardly.

I don’t realize I’m staring until Enzo turns around and looks straight at me, Mrs. Johnson pointing to a desk behind me. I immediately turn crimson, ducking my face down as he walks in my direction taking a seat a few desks behind me. I sit quietly staring at the assignment page on my desk, not really paying attention to it when all of a sudden a feel a light tap on my shoulder. I jump in my seat whipping around to see who it is. It’s Enzo, a charming smile on his face. I look back eyes wide for a few seconds before I return to normal, my face turning into an impassive mask. I smile back, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach.

Please like and ready my other stories! Thanks :)